Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Recomendations for used roller to test with? >

Recomendations for used roller to test with?

Recomendations for used roller to test with?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Recomendations for used roller to test with?

Looking for a used roller, buggy or truggy? to test my engines with. Is there any models you recommend to look for, and what models do recommend I stay away from.

I am also open to the idea of a on-road car.

Thanks

Bill Mazz

Last edited by wmazz; 04-06-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Intech br-6 its a great buggy vp-pro usa is a usa distributer for them
Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wmazz View Post
Looking for a used roller, buggy or truggy? to test my engines with. Is there any models you recommend to look for, and what models do recommend I stay away from.

I am also open to the idea of a on-road car.

Thanks

Bill Mazz
MBX6's are dirt cheap and quality cars
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a Team Losi 2.0EU roller for sale...$225 shipped. Ad is in for sale thread with pictures. Its a great buggy and would be perfect for your use.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 AM
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Whatever car you choose pick up a King Head or another quick change
style 2 peice engine mount. It will make things alot easier.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Losi supposedly tends to develop slop faster - so I would tend more towards Mugen for ex... Higher quality.. But then, since Losi just came out with the 3.0, there are probably a lot of good quality or even new or near-new 2.0's to be had. Same with the Mugen MBX6 now that the MBX7 is out.

I have an AE SC8 which I use primarily for testing and breaking in engines - which I then use in my RC8 buggy and RC8T truggy. Actually it's been very good in terms of wear. The AE stuff is great in that there is so much part availability - because they have so many 8th scale models out there - buggy, truggy, SC, nitro and elo versions of both... And with the nitro versions, all for ex. have identical engine mounts - and some other stuff as well.. If you want a buggy, look out for an RC8.2 - or the truggy or even the SC8...

AE, Losi, Mugen, maybe X-ray(depending on part availability and price..)

Another option could be Team C - they have a buggy, truggy, AND a GT car. Same with Serpent - bit pricey though..(but probably among the best in terms of quality..) Ofna/Jammin used to have the CRT truggy, and the DM-1 GT car, and they're all still around too(the truggy is called the NEXXT I think...)
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

i am understanding you correct? you want a buggy/ truggy so you can TEST engines??? you want to go through all the rigours of off-road maintenance so you can test engines?

im not sure how you would approach this as engine testing requires a lot of run time and run time= maintenance. i think most engine modders are also racers so they use race time for test time too!

like has already been said mugen is very durable. also hong nor and agama are very durable too but cheaper than the mugen.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

not sure if you have made up your mind yet on a buggy but i have 3 for sale first is an mp9 tki3 was a tki2 wc edition but its been upgraded to the tki3 2nd is a mbx6r comes with a really nice 3 piece engine mount and a spare chassis 3rd is a losi 8ight 2.0 and it comes with 2 bodies some assorted spare parts very free running drivetrain. if you would like to see pics of any of these three pm and i'll get you pics and prices they range from $250 - $575