Community
Wiki Posts
Search

officially addicted to truggies!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default officially addicted to truggies!

I just bought another Truggy, probably spent to much but i love these things.

Ok, so my questions are, i already have a Losi 8ight T RTR and the one i just bought is a Team Kit, what is the difference? I see the chassis is different (flex tuned?) and the shock towers and shock caps? The kit is together, it has a brand new Werks B5 engine and JP3 pipe. I am just curious what the big difference is..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wish they were lots more popular than they are. Love driving truggy...just bigger and bladder than buggies.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher

Ok, so my questions are, i already have a Losi 8ight T RTR and the one i just bought is a Team Kit, what is the difference? I see the chassis is different (flex tuned?) and the shock towers and shock caps? The kit is together, it has a brand new Werks B5 engine and JP3 pipe. I am just curious what the big difference is..
Overall quality in the kit is superior. Things you should upgrade to are aluminum servo saver arm, aluminum rear diff inserts, alu top plate, 10 degree inclind spindles, you absolutely need the v2 rear tower or carbon tower or else the rear end handles bumps bad, and get the gen III radio tray. Those things I would get first. Then look into alu rear hubs, one piece motor mount and titanium turnbuckles and titanium shock standoffs. U will have one badass truggy if u do all that.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

U should also look into getting a 2013 or 2058 pipe, a lot sell on here cheap so take advantage if u can score a deal. You should also look into some good servos like hitec 7955s or 7950s. Get yourself a good radio like m11x. If you want an indestructible set up do that, I have my truffles set up like this and never have issues with anything.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Overall quality in the kit is superior. Things you should upgrade to are aluminum servo saver arm, aluminum rear diff inserts, alu top plate, 10 degree inclind spindles, you absolutely need the v2 rear tower or carbon tower or else the rear end handles bumps bad, and get the gen III radio tray. Those things I would get first. Then look into alu rear hubs, one piece motor mount and titanium turnbuckles and titanium shock standoffs. U will have one badass truggy if u do all that.
Will look into those, thanks for the tips.

Originally Posted by one8updragracer
Wish they were lots more popular than they are. Love driving truggy...just bigger and bladder than buggies.
Yea, i really love my RTR 8ight T, i have bought to many trucks and RC's in the last month or so though (only been in the hobby about 7 weeks), i am about to sell a few and just keep the few i really like for now and work on upgrading those. I know which ones i like because they have seen the most play, anymore though, i just grab my 8ight T and go! I love it, it handles 10's times better than my MT's which i noticed right away. Of course i do have a LST2 and XXL that i will keep and my Mini 8ight and my truggies but the rest can go..

U should also look into getting a 2013 or 2058 pipe, a lot sell on here cheap so take advantage if u can score a deal. You should also look into some good servos like hitec 7955s or 7950s. Get yourself a good radio like m11x. If you want an indestructible set up do that, I have my truffles set up like this and never have issues with anything.
Has Savox SA-1231SG steering servo and SC-1233SG throttle servo, should be fine for now.. I already have a radio, may not be top of the line but i have 3 Spektrum DX3S from all the Losi RTR kits i bought last month lol, which is why i bought the kit, i also have a few receivers sitting here..

A new track is opening here that has a truggy class so this is the perfect time to try it out and see if i'll like racing, im sure i will, i had my 8 t on a bmx track the other day, first time ever running an RC on some kind of track, i left so pumped up and amped and just knew i wanted to race these things..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Save yourself some headaches and buy a capacitor (glitch buster). Spektrum/savox absolutely require it....
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
Save yourself some headaches and buy a capacitor (glitch buster). Spektrum/savox absolutely require it....
He will only have the glitch problem if he is going to convert it to an e truggy.
My savox servos wortk fine With the lipo receiver batt. Or the nickel metal, never had a glitch problem.now in my scte's I have to run a cap. To stop the glitching. Also had to switch to a dsm2 receiver.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Nobody needs an M11x...

For that kind of money I'd rather have an MT4 and a new engine/pipe or whatever...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gsnow39
He will only have the glitch problem if he is going to convert it to an e truggy.
My savox servos wortk fine With the lipo receiver batt. Or the nickel metal, never had a glitch problem.now in my scte's I have to run a cap. To stop the glitching. Also had to switch to a dsm2 receiver.
I've NEVER EVER run e- anything! Check the threads!
It helped my problem. Its a $10 insurance policy. Whatever,...
I use battery's for my radio equipment and my flashlights! Wanna play?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Truggies rock, i love them too!

I also have spent too much and also have the 8T RTR and ordered 8T KIT
Sadly they are discontinued now
Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I still dont understand why guys feel the Alum top plate is a requirement ? Its not like your going to break the stock plastic piece. so why the extra weight ?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have two other Savox servos in two other trucks that i use with my DX3S, no problems at all? What is the problem that people experience with that combo? My lhs mentioned something about it being volts or something, i can't remember exactly..
Old 04-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Not a bad thing to be addicted too.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not a bad thing to be addicted too.
Just an expensive one! LOL!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Indeed it is!! No doubt about that..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.