Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need help with setup >

Need help with setup

Need help with setup

Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Need help with setup

If your car is pushing or the rear is too planted. Would you take toe away? Shorten camber link? Longer wheelbase?

I figure toe would only effect my cornering. But shortening camber links would change my camber gain and taking away forward traction?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Rear toe in gives forward bite, if your car is pushing in the corners you need lighter center diff fluid. You want it to diff out to the front and let the front pull the car through the corners. I should add, there are many things to do to help that problem though but if it were mine I would go lighter then tweak it.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Rear toe in gives forward bite, if your car is pushing in the corners you need lighter center diff fluid. You want it to diff out to the front and let the front pull the car through the corners. I should add, there are many things to do to help that problem though but if it were mine I would go lighter then tweak it.
Well it's a truggy and I got 10k in center I kinda like rear power.
I'm running 7/10/5

More rear toe is more foward bite?

What's the effect of camber link length?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Inforthewin
Well it's a truggy and I got 10k in center I kinda like rear power.
I'm running 7/10/5

More rear toe is more foward bite?

What's the effect of camber link length?
Check this out

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/Basi...ing/index.html
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Inforthewin
Well it's a truggy and I got 10k in center I kinda like rear power. I'm running 7/10/5
You asked what would help stop pushing then you say you like rear power..

There are many ways to help this problem. 7/10/5 is not the answer on every track, maybe your track for your driving style calls for 7/7/5 or 5/7/3... Going lighter in the rear diff will allow less push and more steering, maybe that's what you need. You might need some toe out up front, that will allow more steering too.. Maybe you need some more - camber up front too.. There are many things that you can tweak to fix this problem. Like I already said, I would start in your center diff.

Your entire suspension might out of wack. I would suggest looking at some set up sheets for your Truggy. Keep in mind that pro set up sheets are for their driving styles on pro groomed tracks, what works for them might not work for you but it will get you close. You need to experiment with different settings all the time to figure out what works best for you.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by got_nitro
You asked what would help stop pushing then you say you like rear power..

There are many ways to help this problem. 7/10/5 is not the answer on every track, maybe your track for your driving style calls for 7/7/5 or 5/7/3... Going lighter in the rear diff will allow less push and more steering, maybe that's what you need. You might need some toe out up front, that will allow more steering too.. Maybe you need some more - camber up front too.. There are many things that you can tweak to fix this problem. Like I already said, I would start in your center diff.

Your entire suspension might out of wack. I would suggest looking at some set up sheets for your Truggy. Keep in mind that pro set up sheets are for their driving styles on pro groomed tracks, what works for them might not work for you but it will get you close. You need to experiment with different settings all the time to figure out what works best for you.

I just notice you have a mbx6t. That's the same truggy I got. I try to mess with the caster but its still pushing. Ill go look at some setup

Thanks