Old 03-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Batteries are for starter boxes
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 AM
EJF
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

one of our biggest classes is E buggy, and its also steaming intrest in people wanting to run nitro 1/8 buggy, nitro declined a bit here in the past couple years but seems to be gaining popularity, people are mainly turned off by fuel costs and the maintiance. 1/10 2wd buggy has grown here as well, short course has fallen off quite a bit, once again i think cost is what people look at, a buggy is cheaper and the tires etc are much much cheaper. Last year 4x4 sct was the craze, its still around but many of them moved to ebuggy
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I see these types of threads all over the nitro or electric forums, the argument is the same but from different sides of the fence.

Instead of b1tching and moaning about which is better, why not just enjoy the fact you have a local track/series/club to race at? Who's knows, maybe one day you'll pick up an electric or nitro car and enjoy the second class. Separate classes, scale, and race times isn't what is killing the hobby, it's the poor attitudes of the "purest".

Anyone that has been in this hobby longer than 5 years knows the Industry is based on trends, does anyone remember all of the rage over monster trucks? Or how about touring cars in the 90's? mini's in the early 2000's, Nitro 1/10th truck, nitro buggy in the late 2000's?

Last edited by nv529; 03-10-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Fact is, if I'm going to commit to an entire race weekend, I don't want to spend half of it standing around waiting for 10th scale SC heats with three trucks and 8th scale E-buggy with a few more, with everyone involved getting less wheel time.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Fact is, if I'm going to commit to an entire race weekend, I don't want to spend half of it standing around waiting for 10th scale SC heats with three trucks and 8th scale E-buggy with a few more, with everyone involved getting less wheel time.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Sounds like you have a weak club to begin with, how's that the SC or E-buggies guys fault?

Lets flip the script, what if those 5-8 SC/E-buggy guys were driving a nitro you would still be "waiting around all day"
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
I see these types of threads all over the nitro or electric forums, the argument is the same but from different sides of the fence.

Instead of b1tching and moaning about which is better, why not just enjoy the fact you have a local track/series/club to race at? Who's knows, maybe one day you'll pick up an electric or nitro car and enjoy the second class. Separate classes, scale, and race times isn't what is killing the hobby, it's the poor attitudes of the "purest".

Anyone that has been in this hobby longer than 5 years knows the Industry is based on trends, does anyone remember all of the rage over monster trucks? Or how about touring cars in the 90's? mini's in the early 2000's, Nitro gas truck, nitro buggy in the late 2000's?
my biggest beef with the e-classes is they...can't or will not try to get 15min. run time from one battery ...so they not need to run 3 ten min. mains....to get the same run time as nitro. Its that simple...
Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 AM
EJF
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

lol monster trucks, 10 start, maybe 2 finsh a 30 min main!!!!!, was good entertainment too, on and off the track
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Sounds like you have a weak club to begin with, how is that the SC or E-buggies guys fault?

Lets flip the script, what if those 5-8 SC/E-buggy guys were driving a nitro you would still be "waiting around all day"
I'm not terribly active in organized racing - for a variety of reasons.. The fact that a race entails pretty much two entire days of full-on commitment from early Saturday morning(leaving at like 8 at the latest..) to Sunday evening, sometimes even with training starting on Friday, is simply too much. I prefer just to run at tracks in the region for fun when I have the time, if the weather is good, I don't have to work, etc.. If the local track has a race and time and weather permit, I'll enter. I do it for fun though. Serious racing here is IMVHO totally retarded, in that it requires substantial travel, with RV's or god knows what..

The local club is a major onroad facility, so there are some issues about the onroad guys getting upset about dust from the offroad track getting blown onto their track. This leads a couple times a year to the offroad track being closed during and before major onroad races.

Anyway, two years ago they started a new less-serious regional series, where it's theoretically possible to just show up on Sunday(first qual, so you'd be missing training and set-up, but you could I guess show up in the early evening on Sat. for a few tweaks..), which for me is far more interesting. I've done a couple races in it the past two years, but last year I saw they had the SC's and E-buggies, and it felt like everything was far more stressed and clipped trying to fit it all in. I think I've read other discussions about nitro quals etc.. being shortened to fit it all in. And that's stupid.

So it's not those guys' fault necessarily(though it would be nice if fewer people were so suscepitble to passing fads and the presumed "next big thing".. like 10th scale SC, which in Germany makes even less sense..), but rather the organizers'..

IMO, just keep nitro and electric separate. Maybe in the case of that regional series here I mentioned, do the flashlight stuff on Saturday, with nitro training in the evening, with first nitro quals all day Sunday. Not doing so will make fence-sitters like me possibly even less inclined to enter race weekends.. Most of the guys I tend to run with now are just-for-funners. Can't be asked with all the time and organisational commitment that goes with racing.. Adding classes exacerbates all that.

Last edited by Herrsavage; 03-10-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EJF View Post
lol monster trucks, 10 start, maybe 2 finsh a 30 min main!!!!!, was good entertainment too, on and off the track
Yea, some of those MT races were truely hilarious.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Yea, some of those MT races were truely hilarious.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That is some funny shit there...

I needed that...

The "loose wheel" is priceless and the marshal picking it up.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

That guy was rookie in that m/t race needs to lower ride height big time LOL. I raced m/t at one time lots of fun but died off because whiny electric guys there to heavy 10-13 pd truck too heavy LOL.

Still funny how they say nitro more maint not really.

Other thing we need to look at ecomony has hurt racing so they pick cheap 1/10 or sct for r/c fix
Old 03-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sschultz View Post
That is some funny shit there...

I needed that...

The "loose wheel" is priceless and the marshal picking it up.
yeah laughing my a$$ off here...miss watching that class.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

We do a MT race twice a year and man is it fun. The Revo's get handicapped to keep things more even.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Racing M/T can be fun seems when they touch end up in big pile up. Guy who wreaked first end up last because of being in bottom of the pile up LOL