Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
does anyone race traxxas? > does anyone race traxxas?

does anyone race traxxas?

Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroXray View Post
The only car traxxas makes that people race really anymore is the slash short course truck, if u can find a indoor track u might find a class for the rustler but sct took over stadium truck. I asked the traxxas reps if they were ever gonna make a real race rc they said know they market to the begginers and basher crowd. The revo used to be big when monster truck racing was popular but now people race truggy. Sell ur rustler and jato look for a quality race brand that ur local hobby store carries that way u can get parts, see what everyone around u is racin and join that class.
like said, MT racing was the thing before truggy's came along. was lots of fun racing MT's, though......
Attached Thumbnails does anyone race traxxas?-th_seasonopener0355.jpg   does anyone race traxxas?-ness4092.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 14tylbow View Post
i live in andover mn. and i tried to quit mx because of a bad concussion at little falls and i was goona start racin rc cars and go fishing but i havent rode in almost 2 yrs and i cant take it anymore. i need to ride its really addicting but i cant do anything right now. we have like a foot and a half of snow right now and i cant ride or practice the rc cars now. and im not very good at ice fishin
I used to race District 23 as well! I'm up in Crosslake. I quit moto for Rc, and I am not disappointed in my decision. No more injuries, more money to spend on your cars, and the competition is almost the same! Also check out 510 Raceway in Foley. We run races Fridays and Saturdays, indoor electric off road. Great facility. There is a thread for it under the Minnesota section. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Lots of Former D23 Guys in MN. I Raced Moto for 6 Years. racked up 4 surgeries (should be 5, I still need my ACL fixed.) so RC was my next choice. Don't get me wrong. I RC has helped greatly, but hasn't fully cured my desire to swing a leg over a bike.

Like Tony stated, Come to 510 in foley, Any MNRC race or MN electric series race and we will help you out to make sure you have the best time possible.

Send me a PM and i will get you a list of tracks with weekly club races. The 1 race per month you are talking of is the MNRC series. 7 rounds spread out across the state, hence the one time per month. There are lots of clubs that race weekly/biweekly.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd like to see a Traxxas 1/8th scale buggy....

Probably would be in the $800 range like E-Revo and still have plastic tub chassis, plastic shock ends, and plastic shafts.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
I'd like to see a Traxxas 1/8th scale buggy....

Probably would be in the $800 like e-revo and still have plastic tub chassis, plastic shock ends, and plastic shafts.
and 100mph
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silo View Post
and 100mph
That'll be on the Ultimate Edition for $1200, with 6S LiPo.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Lots of Former D23 Guys in MN. I Raced Moto for 6 Years. racked up 4 surgeries (should be 5, I still need my ACL fixed.) so RC was my next choice. Don't get me wrong. I RC has helped greatly, but hasn't fully cured my desire to swing a leg over a bike.

Like Tony stated, Come to 510 in foley, Any MNRC race or MN electric series race and we will help you out to make sure you have the best time possible.

Send me a PM and i will get you a list of tracks with weekly club races. The 1 race per month you are talking of is the MNRC series. 7 rounds spread out across the state, hence the one time per month. There are lots of clubs that race weekly/biweekly.
Gotta always have a pitbike or 4 on hand..