Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree127Likes

Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 190mph
Welcome to the RC8B3 Wiki!

Feel free to share Tips, Tricks, and anything else beneficial to the RC8B3 nation!

Instruction Manual and Setup Sheets:

RC8B3 Instruction Manual

Blank Editable Setup Sheet

Base Setup Start Here (Dirt Nitro Challenge 2016 Team Setup)

Browse Posted Team Associated Posted Setups

Browse Posted Petit RC Posted Setups

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default wtb parts

does anyone have a small parts lot they’re willing to sell? I have a 3.0 and am looking for race replacements, before I order from amain (arms, hinge pins, shock shafts, etc... prettt much anything that will leave me stranded on race day)

thanks guys
Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC
does anyone have a small parts lot they’re willing to sell? I have a 3.0 and am looking for race replacements, before I order from amain (arms, hinge pins, shock shafts, etc... prettt much anything that will leave me stranded on race day)

thanks guys
Ebay will get you a better bang for the buck. Lots of guys strip down kits and sell parts lots. You will need to do a little research as prices are all over the map and if you get a bunch of crap form different sellers, the shipping will reduce the savings. nitromaster on Ebay is usually pretty good on prices and combines shipping. Sometimes the price of buying things like a whole set of shocks makes sense, when you figure you are getting, shafts, spring cups, shock ends, seals etc. so keep that in mind.

Remember the 3.0 arms are a little different, as are the ABC and D blocks, and driveshafts.
ZEe_NYC likes this.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Any feedback on the new adjustable 4 shoe clutch yet? I'm not sure if I need this $50 flywheel in my life.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

How do you fix the broken screws in clutch assembly? The head on the screw holding clutch shoe and spring broke of can’t figure how to get rest of pin out to reuse clutch system .
Old 04-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ofna2005
How do you fix the broken screws in clutch assembly? The head on the screw holding clutch shoe and spring broke of can’t figure how to get rest of pin out to reuse clutch system .
Cut the screw out. You will probably lose a spring but might be able to save the shoe.

Tips for assembling the clutch pins.. no thread lock and don't over-tighten them. Just hand snug is fine. The rotation of the crank will naturally want to tighten them. I find that most of the time when they break, its because they were too tight.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Have broken many.. Probably in the 5 to 7 range. Unfortunately, I just trash it. Hard to justify the time to get the screw out. But, I do install new screws often now.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

So, after snapping yet another screw, I thought about this thread today.

Since almost all of the threaded part comes out when it breaks, I bent the shoe as far back as possible, which in turn , loosened the last bit of thread enough to remove it with pliers. Came out really easy.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent

Since almost all of the threaded part comes out when it breaks, I bent the shoe as far back as possible, which in turn , loosened the last bit of thread enough to remove it with pliers. Came out really easy.
I have not broken one yet. I use a very light amount of anti sieze on the clutch pin threads.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by largeorangefont

I have not broken one yet. I use a very light amount of anti sieze on the clutch pin threads.
The threads have nothing to do with it breaking. The Pin fully floats and holds the spring. This is why most of the threads come out.

Run yours much longer, it'll break.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shock bushing measurement

Could some one throw calipers on the 'shock bushing' (where the upper shock mounts too) and tell me the diameter of it is. Mine has a ton of slop and I dont know if it's the cap or mount.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

The threads have nothing to do with it breaking. The Pin fully floats and holds the spring. This is why most of the threads come out.

Run yours much longer, it'll break.
So the pin is bending you are saying? I have been proactively changing the pins when they start getting hammered.. they are certainly a wear item.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone make a lightweight (steel) spur gear yet? Thx!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Does anyone make a lightweight (steel) spur gear yet? Thx!
Why do you want that?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

I unthread the screw head when it breaks. Then to get the shaft out, use the blade on your xacto, dig into the pin near the spring coil, and you can walk the shaft out a little at a time. Never had to trash a spring or shoe and I've done this 3 times. I was just emailing the AE guys to switch to 1.5mm hex on the screw head so the thin wall from 2mm hex won't break so easily.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thornhill Nitro Setup- Kurt "Coach" Wenger

RC8B3.1 for Thornhill in Texas (covered, low dust, huge, fast)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.