Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree127Likes

Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 190mph
Welcome to the RC8B3 Wiki!

Feel free to share Tips, Tricks, and anything else beneficial to the RC8B3 nation!

Instruction Manual and Setup Sheets:

RC8B3 Instruction Manual

Blank Editable Setup Sheet

Base Setup Start Here (Dirt Nitro Challenge 2016 Team Setup)

Browse Posted Team Associated Posted Setups

Browse Posted Petit RC Posted Setups

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunco1
I really liked running the 42/12 gears at Rev. That surface can get pretty rough and the under drive gears help keep me from getting out of control as quickly.. especially when i'm running a fire breather OS motor

I'd also like to point out that the AE angle tapered pistons are not identical to the Kyosho pistons. There are some subtle differences that I think make them a lot better suited for our car.

Have you tried the short link, narrow pivot setup at Rev yet? If not, you should give it a try. Compared to the longer link normal setup, the car rounds through corners a lot smoother and with less twitchy input to the steering wheel.
Nice, that is encouraging about the pistons and the gearing, I am excited to try it. Thanks for the setup, I will give it a shot. That is the direction I was going to go with the links. The car is about 85% there now, but smoother cornering is what I was looking for.

I have the shocks stood up all the way out at the tops and bottoms front and rear and that really helped as the track is getting rougher every passing week, that took some of the twitchiness out. I think the shock setup on your sheet will be a bit too stiff for Rev at this moment, but I will try all the geometry changes and see where it lands.

Last edited by largeorangefont; 02-01-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are you running the underdrive gears 42/12 in the rear only??
Old 02-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TOO-TALL
Are you running the underdrive gears 42/12 in the rear only??

Yea just the rear. If you ran them front and rear you’d get no underdrive.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How did the underdrive gears work out for ya. I'm struggling to get the rear of my buggy to stay put when coming out of a corner as soon as I get on throttle it wants to slide out on me. I'm running the Richard saxton silverdollar setup. Was wondering if the underdrive could help with my issue
Old 02-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keither1884
How did the underdrive gears work out for ya. I'm struggling to get the rear of my buggy to stay put when coming out of a corner as soon as I get on throttle it wants to slide out on me. I'm running the Richard saxton silverdollar setup. Was wondering if the underdrive could help with my issue
It will help with that for sure. I am running a setup that is very close to Saxton's JBRL setup with the under drive gears and its almost too locked in.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Keither1884
Yea the underdrive helped notably. I am a fan for now. I ran the posted short link setup from Sunco1, Minus his shock setup because I knew it would be too stiff. I had to put the Anti squat back in, but the car also had better drive off.

Rev was super blown out, so I am eager to try the underdrive and short link on a "normal" track surface. My shock package was off with the angle drilled pistons. I did not feel like chasing it because they re did the track last week and the surface is good again.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
If you take a look at the two pictures of the gear sets side by side, you'll notice that the HTC sun gears are much larger than the LTC gears. The bevel gears are a little different also, to match.

81380 - HTC gear set

81383 - LTC gear set

I'm not a fluid dynamics expert, but the HTC gear set is said to have more optimal fluid shear characteristics over a broad working spectrum.
In practice, the HTC gear set can handle more load without diffing out as much or breaking down the fluid as fast. I find it accelerates better in high traction conditions. They're supposed to be more consistent over longer mains, but I can't decide if I've seen that... you get in the zone and if things are changing only gradually, you sort of adapt. And the track gradually changes too so lap times don't tell you that much either.

When I run the LTC gear set, I run 2k-3k thicker fluid which gives it a similar feel in low load situations (like cornering). But under high loads (acceleration or over rough bumps) it diffs out more, which makes it more forgiving.

In terms of maintenance, I find I have to refill my LTC gears more often. The HTC ones seems to hang on longer.

So I'm assuming the LTC gear set is more for low traction conditions?
Old 02-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
So I'm assuming the LTC gear set is more for low traction conditions?
Low grip and bumpy, rutted, high grip.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I know pros are running the fastrace shock caps and webbed bladders. I have heard that some of the pros are running truggy shock shafts as well. If they are what benefit do they add?
Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maddog9
I know pros are running the fastrace shock caps and webbed bladders. I have heard that some of the pros are running truggy shock shafts as well. If they are what benefit do they add?
The truggy shafts give better feel, better pack, and reduce the chance of bending a shaft.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
The truggy shafts give better feel, better pack, and reduce the chance of bending a shaft.
Do the shocks still fully compress?
Old 02-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Yea they do.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Yes. What you have to remember is that the truggy and buggy shock bodies are exactly the same. You are basically just building truggy shocks with different pistons and springs.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MX304
Yes. What you have to remember is that the truggy and buggy shock bodies are exactly the same. You are basically just building truggy shocks with different pistons and springs.
What pistons are being used?
Old 02-27-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by petersen114
What pistons are being used?
Going to depend on your track, but i have been using the new angle drilled AE pistons and the angle drilled Kyosho pistons with good results lately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.