Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit >

Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit

Like Tree69Likes

Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 190mph
Welcome to the RC8B3 Wiki!

Feel free to share Tips, Tricks, and anything else beneficial to the RC8B3 nation!

Instruction Manual and Setup Sheets:

RC8B3 Instruction Manual

Blank Editable Setup Sheet

Base Setup Start Here (Dirt Nitro Challenge 2016 Team Setup)

Browse Posted Team Associated Posted Setups

Browse Posted Petit RC Posted Setups

Print Wikipost

Old 05-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Yes stock setup with the ae car. Had a mp9 before this and was running 7/5/4 and the car was good.

With the ae car here are the problems I am having.

Rear end fish tails exiting a turn.
Rear end goes side to side on straight with full throttle.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Answer

Originally Posted by Niz55 View Post
Yes stock setup with the ae car. Had a mp9 before this and was running 7/5/4 and the car was good.

With the ae car here are the problems I am having.

Rear end fish tails exiting a turn.
Rear end goes side to side on straight with full throttle.
Well i play 2 years with ae at low traction track.also i have agama a215sv and xb8 2017.ae its the best for me and my drive style..its my second kit rc8 that i buy before some days.
my old kit was stable like train, better than my friends mbx8,mp9,xb8 19.and my new one with same setup with old kit right now started to be stable like the old kit.
at first tanks has rear fish tail like urs.but the steering was exremely good for this the fish tail.now has about 25 tanks like urs.for sure need some time to break the model.but ae has big steering and that is ur problem.its not the rear.has big steering and the rear end has problem especially if its new kit. I recomment u try less toe out front and less dual rate at steering for start.also add some antisquat rear.good for low traction track its 0,85 at black shoes and 0,90 at aluminium shoes at clutch.u dont need good tyres for u see if ur car works good.with old tyres ur car must slide with 4 wheels like wrc at corner,and the rear end must be easy controller with ur throttle.when ur car slide with 4 wheels with bad tyres,when u use new tyres will be stable like train.ur problem its ur steering.u have big steering and me and u dont drive like pro.when u break ur model and find that good setup who u can drive easy with bad tyres then u can try thicker diff fluid for more aggresive style.also if u added that small o rings at diff gears when u build it,remove it
sorry for my bad english bro
frewster likes this.

Last edited by Chrisgewrgi; 05-28-2019 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the help.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

hello guys........i want to ask, if i use the inner most shock tower hole, i cannot get full droop, is that right ??? the shock spring cups will push the lower arm
Old 06-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Answer

Originally Posted by Marco926 View Post
hello guys........i want to ask, if i use the inner most shock tower hole, i cannot get full droop, is that right ??? the shock spring cups will push the lower arm
Yea its normal.but ur droop must be around stock 104mm depend of the track 1-2 mm difference.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Driveshaft and universals

I'm currently out of town so I'm not able to measure but does anyone have the pin size for the driveshaft and universal?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

On a dusty dry track my car is very twitchy. I am running 5/5/3. What should I change the diff fluid to tame it down?
I had the same issues until I started running a different diff setup.. try 10/7/5, it's what I run pretty much everywhere. I tried many different diff combinations, and the popular ones like 5/7/3 were all terrible for me on this car. I feel the 10/7/5 gives the correct power distribution, so even if I would change my diffs, it would be 15/10/7 or 7/5/3, always in the same ratio.

Another good tip I can give is run your C and D blocks at the same height on open tracks, or even run pro squat when grip is really low. Only run anti squat when grip is high or on tight tracks. This will make a big difference with the 'fishtail' sensation..
MaricopaAgent likes this.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Answer

Originally Posted by Fearo View Post
I had the same issues until I started running a different diff setup.. try 10/7/5, it's what I run pretty much everywhere. I tried many different diff combinations, and the popular ones like 5/7/3 were all terrible for me on this car. I feel the 10/7/5 gives the correct power distribution, so even if I would change my diffs, it would be 15/10/7 or 7/5/3, always in the same ratio.

Another good tip I can give is run your C and D blocks at the same height on open tracks, or even run pro squat when grip is really low. Only run anti squat when grip is high or on tight tracks. This will make a big difference with the 'fishtail' sensation..
for me 10-7-5 at low traction track really doesnt work.the car is very aggresive especialy at low speed turns.also its very bad at off power when entering corner.i lose the car generally.i am sure this setup will work at high grip very well
Old 06-16-2019, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Changed out the diff fluid and the car drives absolutely perfect.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Answer

Well today i played at low traction bumpy track with fresh 5.5.3....before i tried thicker oil and the car wasnt stable. Fresh 5.5.3 and little more caster
, 2,5 * camber back and 1* front..
little less toe out front than stock
40wt front and 37,5 back with 8x1,2 piston with fast race caps.
the car was extremely amazing.all the ppls looking this car when i run.with os 2103s and full throttle at all the track and the car was so damn stable.it was fly.the other people with same skills like me went to the side all the time for i turn them cause i was full throttle all the track with no problem Today was the best day with this new kit after 1 gallon.
what diff fluid u tried?
Old 06-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Also there i drive an mbx8 and xb8 19'.the mbx8 was good.not perfect but good.xb8 was so bad.dont know maybe his setup the reason.really so bad u couldnt do one clean lap..when u let the throttle and i mean at off power the car turned 180' so bad fast.i gave him my asso to drive and i make him crazy.haha. this week he want to buy rc8.and sell his xb8.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Getting back into racing and have got a rc8b3.1 what shock/diff oil do I need to have and any other must have parts or mods
Old 06-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

So are you running 10/7/5 now?
Old 06-22-2019, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrk078 View Post
Getting back into racing and have got a rc8b3.1 what shock/diff oil do I need to have and any other must have parts or mods
plenty of setups on associatedelectrics dot com. Look up the B3.1 KIT, then on the top left is a menu , then setups are posted.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Curently running 7,7,5 with underdrive fron and rear.

Conditions
Lose, dusty

My problem.
When I let off throttle the car gets to fish tailing.
Center fluid to heavy?

I checked to see if I had a stuck bearing.there fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service