Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree127Likes

Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC8B3 Nitro Team Kit
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 190mph
Welcome to the RC8B3 Wiki!

Feel free to share Tips, Tricks, and anything else beneficial to the RC8B3 nation!

Instruction Manual and Setup Sheets:

RC8B3 Instruction Manual

Blank Editable Setup Sheet

Base Setup Start Here (Dirt Nitro Challenge 2016 Team Setup)

Browse Posted Team Associated Posted Setups

Browse Posted Petit RC Posted Setups

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Homershoots- steel input cups are available, as they were steel before aluminum became an options. The steel cups arent too much and last forever. E cars are harder on them than nitro cars.
Oh I know Brandon I have them in my e car all the way around. Was just wishing on what the new car should be/come with. My car was dialed Saturday and my driving was just as good. I had some really great runs in qualifying but I couldn't finish a darn qualifier due to electronics gremlins.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

From Red RC's coverage of the ROAR Nats:

The Associated team are back running the RC8.2 with Team Manager Brent Thielke explaining the prototype they had been running was ‘not up to expectations’ and they are now working on a major redesign. In the meantime he said they will run the RC8.2 to keep their driver race sharp for the World Championships.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
From Red RC's coverage of the ROAR Nats:
Bwah - what a joke - its a shame, that proto WAS a major re-design

They really may as well give up on the 1/8 program and stick to 1/10

That proto did show some pace
Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wombat
That proto did show some pace
Did it really? When was the last time you saw Maifield have to bump up from the B Main like he did at the Nitro Challenge? Go back and watch some video, you could clearly see the car had handling issues which kept him off pace.

The question on the redesign is are they going do it based off the current platform, or make changes to the prototype we saw to get it up to speed?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
Did it really? When was the last time you saw Maifield have to bump up from the B Main like he did at the Nitro Challenge? Go back and watch some video, you could clearly see the car had handling issues which kept him off pace.

The question on the redesign is are they going do it based off the current platform, or make changes to the prototype we saw to get it up to speed?
My view, if they are falling back to 8.2 status then it's weird the 8.2 got discontinued. I can't figure out what is AE trying to do, hires Josh A. to design a new car, the proto car is deemed as "subpar" which is kind off supposed to be or it wouldn't be called a prototype car, the team seems to concentrate on 1/10th and the new car is dumped
Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pickle311

Remember it wasn't just the 2 x ryans running the proto, Yannick also drove the car at Montpellier GP for its pretty much 1st large outing and it looked pretty good considering it only just started public testing earlier this year

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/02/14/n...ontpellier-gp/

A prototype is exactly that - its not going to be perfect straight up. Yannick ended up in 10th place overall in the Amain final - to me, that shows that the former prototype has some pace

EDIT - just saw the practice results from the nats and it looks like the ryan's are doing ok with the OLD car - go figure

Last edited by wombat; 06-19-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It was absolutely nothing wrong with that car If you believe that whole deal fell thru because of the "CAR" please! Yannick did just fine with it...1st race out I believe he TQ'd a round and stayed on pace the entire event! It seems as tho Associated was looking for more of a Dramatic Debut from there "prototype" and when the Ryans couldn't make that happen it made the 8.3 look like crap!! Personally I don't think Either 1 of them runs Nitro enough to take a "NEW" buggy and win a BIG event against this new crop of youngsters!! there just not that good anymore..........and it seemed Mayfield had more ENGINE TROUBLE than handling issues the last few times out Quick question: What company sends (2) RAW prototypes to DNC and puts them both in the A! then says the car was no good? Prob has never been a prototype that has done that in History!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What company sent a brand new never before raced buggy to the worlds and won?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

They definitely set the bar very high by doing it...
Old 06-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rider313
Yeeeeeaaahhhh, but Not really the same at all..................Battle had been running the MBX7 and it was a small change from mbx6 to 7 compared to 8.2 to 8.3 90% different I believe battle ran 2 or 3 big events with the 7 before anybody knew
Old 06-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rider313
Just in case this is what you are refering to... Going from mbx6 to mbx7 is by far not as experimental as goong from rc8 to "rx8". Associated went to a totally new platform philosofy with the new car, more losi style than convensional ae/kyosho etc. their drivers, other that yannick had no experience with a platform like that. 1rrr evo may be right. I believe though that ae team drivers are a+ and they need a car that suits them too, instead of changing their Whole Team. But to me, and I can definetely be wrong, 2 races is just too little Testing.

Compared to what ae did, mbx6 to mbx7 is like a new body paint job. Haha
Old 06-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
It was absolutely nothing wrong with that car If you believe that whole deal fell thru because of the "CAR" please! Yannick did just fine with it...1st race out I believe he TQ'd a round and stayed on pace the entire event! It seems as tho Associated was looking for more of a Dramatic Debut from there "prototype" and when the Ryans couldn't make that happen it made the 8.3 look like crap!! Personally I don't think Either 1 of them runs Nitro enough to take a "NEW" buggy and win a BIG event against this new crop of youngsters!! there just not that good anymore..........and it seemed Mayfield had more ENGINE TROUBLE than handling issues the last few times out Quick question: What company sends (2) RAW prototypes to DNC and puts them both in the A! then says the car was no good? Prob has never been a prototype that has done that in History!
So you're expert on what prototype was doing. You have no clue what was going on or what they're looking for

Last edited by pdmustgt; 06-20-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Its a prototype, i imagine its just back in development changing this or that. No point in having your team drivers learning to drive a car that your changing. My guess is that the drivers are back on the 8.2 until AE works out whatever bug they are trying to work out and then after the race season i'll bet the drivers will be back practicing with the prototype.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see that the armchair experts have come out of the woodwork. I'm pretty sure AE knows more about what they're doing than any of us here.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
So you're expert on what prototype was doing. You have no clue what was going on or what they're looking for
Yeah im a expert on "TOY" car design And I work for AE that's why in my post it said "SEEMS" MEANING: (seems to me)......read before you speak You are right about one thing tho, I don't know whats going on at AE....nor do I care....But do you have a thought on the matter? (RX8) Or do you just care about what I think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.