Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbico purchases HPI USA assets

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Hobbico purchases HPI USA assets

What does it all mean?
The departure of Alton, Robbers and the disappearance of the CR8. What does the future hold for HB USA?

Thirteen months after completing the Axial, ARRMA, Team Durango takeover, Hobbico have again swooped in – this time in aid of HPI’s North American presence - HPI USA. Through close sources NeoBuggy understands that Hobbico have reached an agreement with HPI USA to purchase all stock, thus keeping the company from going bankrupt. We also understand that further staff reductions and lay offs will take place as the company is restructured and slimmed down to only keep Research & Development and marketing departments in the US, a move to smaller office premises are also expected as of March 1st 2013. According to our sources the deal is limited to HPI USA and does not relate to HPI EU or Japan.

Some readers may recall the news of HB driver Jesse Robbers pulling out of the 2012 Worlds in December last year, initially moving to California to work full time designing for HB in February 2012 only to be let go ~ 9 months later along with several other HPI USA employees – the first public warning signs.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
What does it all mean?
The departure of Alton, Robbers and the disappearance of the CR8. What does the future hold for HB USA?

Thirteen months after completing the Axial, ARRMA, Team Durango takeover, Hobbico have again swooped in – this time in aid of HPI’s North American presence - HPI USA. Through close sources NeoBuggy understands that Hobbico have reached an agreement with HPI USA to purchase all stock, thus keeping the company from going bankrupt. We also understand that further staff reductions and lay offs will take place as the company is restructured and slimmed down to only keep Research & Development and marketing departments in the US, a move to smaller office premises are also expected as of March 1st 2013. According to our sources the deal is limited to HPI USA and does not relate to HPI EU or Japan.

Some readers may recall the news of HB driver Jesse Robbers pulling out of the 2012 Worlds in December last year, initially moving to California to work full time designing for HB in February 2012 only to be let go ~ 9 months later along with several other HPI USA employees – the first public warning signs.

R&D and engineers are still on board so new products/vehicles are still moving forward.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes it definitely sucks that great people are getting laid off. Some have been more than helpful. It's always hard to see such great people lose their jobs. I for one will miss them.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

They just released the D812 buggy which is now showing up at hobby shops..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Som3R3tard
Yes it definitely sucks that great people are getting laid off. Some have been more than helpful. It's always hard to see such great people lose their jobs. I for one will miss them.
+1..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

I know it seems sudden, Espically with the new kit just being released.

One thing I would like to do though. Start a petition for Joe Macasero. He has always been there when I needed some extra assistance on placing an order, or just checking on stock.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Wonder what will happen to team drivers?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Team is staying...
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by "Smiley"

One thing I would like to do though. Start a petition for Joe Macasero. He has always been there when I needed some extra assistance on placing an order, or just checking on stock.
+1!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I agree Joe Macasero is an awesome guy that never ever ignored my call cause he was to busy and always had an upfront answer. I hope all works out for Joe!! My vote for Joe is in with yours smiley!!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Team is staying intact but as a team driver for 4 yrs now I know deep down changes are going to be made and I dont think for the better... I agree With Brian it is hard for me to see Joe being let go he has been by far a great assest to the team.....

SAVE JOES JOB!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

maybe the reason for Tessman's 1yr only deal and why HPI took over distribution for Hobao products, and why Kortz left Ofna.. there's been a trail for a long time
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree with u smiley.
Joe Macasero has my vote he has
Help me and did a lot for me in just
The short time I've been on team hot bodies.
Thanks Joe
Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Joe Macasero is the type of employee any company would want. Reliable,hard working and extremely helpful.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes I do believe Joe should keep his job. By far the best guy forth job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.