Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Bringing back an old truggy for racing? >

Bringing back an old truggy for racing?

Bringing back an old truggy for racing?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Bringing back an old truggy for racing?

Hey guys I swapped one of my SC's for an OFNA Mutilator last week. Normally, I'd shy away from both OFNA AND nitro, but something about it told me that it had potential. It is the pro version, where all of the problems have been worked out, and with plenty of hopped up aluminum parts. It seems to be pretty solid, and I am thinking about doing a bit of racing this summer with it, considering that it's been converted to a true truggy now. Does anyone still own a Mutilator Pro or know/seen anybody racing with them? It's hard to find tips for a truggy that know one knows about!

Thanks guys!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

it's just a Jammin CRT in disguise. Pretty sure most parts will fit right over
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default MUTILATOR

The mutilator is definately not a Jammin in disquise. I have owned many Jammin products, multiple x1 cr, x1crt,x2cr,x2crt, jammin engines,etc. and the mutilator, several of the parts will fit either but they have a total different suspension and layout. Jammin's are a thing of the past but are a much worthy racer and more durable then the Mutilator. If you are looking for an in-expensive start for a truggy I would look for a used x2crt
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I'd try it . it's supposed to be about having fun . I just picked up a raze st . I'm really starting to like this truggy thing . Yes I know it's not a ae,losi or a mugen but hey I'm a racer without a racetrack and this things a blast.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz View Post
it's just a Jammin CRT in disguise. Pretty sure most parts will fit right over
Any of the 9.5 series parts will fit. Like braces, shock towers, etc.

Originally Posted by tristyn View Post
The mutilator is definately not a Jammin in disquise. I have owned many Jammin products, multiple x1 cr, x1crt,x2cr,x2crt, jammin engines,etc. and the mutilator, several of the parts will fit either but they have a total different suspension and layout. Jammin's are a thing of the past but are a much worthy racer and more durable then the Mutilator. If you are looking for an in-expensive start for a truggy I would look for a used x2crt
Got to make do with what I have. Besides, what are the differences between the two? I think that with some lightened CF pieces and a good setup I can make it work. Hopefully
Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
I'd try it . it's supposed to be about having fun . I just picked up a raze st . I'm really starting to like this truggy thing . Yes I know it's not a ae,losi or a mugen but hey I'm a racer without a racetrack and this things a blast.
I just thought that getting a Losi or AE would bring me into serious nitro racing, which is not anywhere on my agenda. I'm just looking to have some fun with a compettititive background.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Go for it. I would, Majority of all my collection is Ofna and I Love them. I do have a CEN Truggy, and an old Mugen Truggy. Everything I have is older but they sure do run good. It's all about the fun factor. The minute I quit having fun will be the minute I move on to something else. But I don't see that happening.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by "WormGrunter" View Post
Go for it. I would, Majority of all my collection is Ofna and I Love them. I do have a CEN Truggy, and an old Mugen Truggy. Everything I have is older but they sure do run good. It's all about the fun factor. The minute I quit having fun will be the minute I move on to something else. But I don't see that happening.
Precisely. Why race if it's not fun?

If anyone else has any tips for this truggy though it would be much appreciated.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know what wt. shock fluid and diff fluids they are using for any of the 9.5 OFNA truggy series?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Any more info from anyone?