Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
rc10gt problems >

rc10gt problems

rc10gt problems

Old 12-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default rc10gt problems

I have a rc10gt i got ffrom a guy. im rebuilding it..im havin a problem when i crank it and its off the ground the wheels turn ad when i set it down ansd hit t ha gas it goes nowere..and sometimes the wheels keep spining when it hits the ground
Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Have you tried tightening the slipper clutch?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Rookie

I put new spur gear on and stuff new clutch shoes there is a free floating disk behind spur gear that slides bak and forth on the shaft idk how to tighten that up maybe missing something
Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The disc behind the slipper is the brake pad. You may want to check your rear axle pins that the wheels go onto. Sometimes those things start to strip the wheel plastic out and they will still spin when off the ground, but as soon as you put a load on it they'll just spin around inside the wheel. The only other thing I could think of is maybe your diff is slipping.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks alot man i appreciate it
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

are you using the stock clutch shoes? and do you have the clutch spring? there is a great mod for the stock shoes, you must remove the clutch spring if you do this mod!

This mod works great, i used it way back in 93 when i raced my gt, i just put new stock shoes and did the mod in the 3rd pic. i just bought the mip clutch off ebay for cheap and if you can, get the mip clutch!
Also take your breaks apart and check the break shoes, break nut and break pad. you can pick up the parts to rebuild the break system pretty cheak on ebay, if your using the stock plastic break nut take it off and throw it away they are worthless, can get an alum nut for like 2$