Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight 2.0b vs xray xb9 vs serpent s811 >

Losi 8ight 2.0b vs xray xb9 vs serpent s811

Losi 8ight 2.0b vs xray xb9 vs serpent s811

Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro View Post
Don't listen to that Ben Burtle guy, he's vouching for a car that hasn't been released yet, and he's only been on RCtech for 2 years! yeah, last time I listened to a newb I ended up running a caster! LOL Hows it going ben?
Excellent!!! Life has changed sooo much! I have made so many r/c parts at my job. Can't beat the weather either.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
The MBX7 is probably better than the other 3 choices.

But the Losi is not up to par with Serpent/Mugen. I have no experience with Xray. The Serpent is probably your best bet out of the 3 but the MBX7 is probably better, being that Mugen made the MBX7 specifically to be better than any other car out at the moment. And team drivers have been driving the MBX7 testing it for a long time now.
The car isn't even released yet and you're already claiming that its better than everything else. You don't even know if what was run this weekend is the final production version.
Sure hope they found a new plastic to keep the front arms from breaking every time you catch a pipe.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

The Xray XB9 is the best nitrobuggy I've seen yet. Add +1mm rear hubs and 3 stripe springs and youre dialed. Mine has a season on it. No failures.

The Mugen 6 is nice, but it's shocks are nowhere near as nice as the Xrays. Otherwise my Muugen looks nice. I just need to dial the shocks in better with far stiffer springs and some tapered pistons.

The Losi 8 is a cheaper built car similar to the Xray. But it appears more expensive on Amain. Parts wear way too quick. Skip the Losi.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I've owned electric 2010 xray 808, an electric losi, and a nitro serpent. By far, the serpent hands down. The best all around driving machine. Quality is great and engineering is great! Durability is insane!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
The Xray XB9 is the best nitrobuggy I've seen yet. Add +1mm rear hubs and 3 stripe springs and youre dialed. Mine has a season on it. No failures.

The Mugen 6 is nice, but it's shocks are nowhere near as nice as the Xrays. Otherwise my Muugen looks nice. I just need to dial the shocks in better with far stiffer springs and some tapered pistons.

The Losi 8 is a cheaper built car similar to the Xray. But it appears more expensive on Amain. Parts wear way too quick. Skip the Losi.
Explain to me what parts wears quickly. I've been racing my buggy 1-2 times a week since May and the only thing I have changed once is the drive pins.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I've driven a Losi for a number to years and it wears quickly and it develops a ton of slop but it's a proven machine. I currently wheel a serpent and its everything anyone would expect. It definitely wears better then Losi and it performs better in all categories. The serpent shocks are ones of the best in industry and it will take the track in all conditions. The new 2.0 serpent is the third version and it really a well engineered kit.

Xray can't comment
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Haha

Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
The car isn't even released yet and you're already claiming that its better than everything else. You don't even know if what was run this weekend is the final production version.
Sure hope they found a new plastic to keep the front arms from breaking every time you catch a pipe.
Well I have driven the mbx-6 for over 2 years and never broke an arm. Never broke anything. bent some stuff, things wore out, but Mugen makes fantastic cars no doubt about it.

X ray does make great cars, Kyosho too, Losi ehhh not in my experience. Out of the ones you asked about I woud say get the X Ray. My 808 gave many miles of happiness. I like Mugen though cause they don't change it for a long time. What did they change on the 6, made it 5mm longer. Moved the battery around, that's it. Damn, not bad at all.

X ray you know are going to make a new buggy every year, but you don't have to buy it. I ran my 08 808 all through the changes with nothing different. I didnt even get shock boots.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
Explain to me what parts wears quickly. I've been racing my buggy 1-2 times a week since May and the only thing I have changed once is the drive pins.
Rod ends
Caster blocks
Arms
Center front outdrive and pin

The car deos get sloppy faster than some others and lacks some of the adjustment the others have. Allthough I'm pretty sure you can switch to Xray/Mugen rod ends and pins.

The Xb9 also has the nicest 16mm shocks I've tuned yet. Really easy toget a plush setup with plenty of pack. Wish I could say the same about my Mugen. (And my Mugen didn't include jack for tuning, no extra pistons or anything.Tsk Tsk.)
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
The MBX7 is probably better than the other 3 choices.

But the Losi is not up to par with Serpent/Mugen. I have no experience with Xray. The Serpent is probably your best bet out of the 3 but the MBX7 is probably better, being that Mugen made the MBX7 specifically to be better than any other car out at the moment. And team drivers have been driving the MBX7 testing it for a long time now.
You would have to argue that whenever a manf releases a new car they to it to be better than any car out at the moment. Besides that these team drivers that have been testing them for a long time have only had them since October, 2 months isn't very long... stop talking out of your ass.

As for the original topic, I like the Xray however I have no Serpent experience to amount to anything.