Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
newb but not so newb needs help >

newb but not so newb needs help

newb but not so newb needs help

Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default newb but not so newb needs help

hey guys im come asking a few questions after reading for weeks it seems. i have been out for about 5-6 years from the rc scene(had a savage and revo). when i got out i was just getting comfortable enough to think about racing at the track i would go run at. Iv been kicking around the ideal of getting back into it and rebuilt the revo with savox servos and also got a futba fasst radio system before i found out the m.t class was dead. so my problem now is after dropping some cash on the revo thats now going to be the play truck i need to get another truck. i live close to a few shops with tracks and they all stock the main company's ie losi,xray mugen and kyosho. any time iv stopped by the track all i see are xray and kyosho running. iv ready xray and kyosho are both great cars but also expensive. iv also read the 8ight rtr is a good deal for a new guy but you have to replace alot it seems. if you were kicking around the ideal of going 1/8 nitro buggy and have nothing what route would you go and why. iv got some cash to play with but would rather go the best route so im not chasing my tail but at the same time i dont want to drop loads of cash into building a great racer to only decide its not for me any more.also i know its the end of the season so would it be worth waiting to see what new buggys come out or just get one now as i live in tx and they race almost year round.. tia for yalls thoughts and input