Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Worlds track layout.  What do you think? >

Worlds track layout. What do you think?

Worlds track layout. What do you think?

Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
I believe that too many of us in the USA take too much for granted. Too much of what we have/get is assumed to be available in other places. Argentina is not a top drawer country. 99% of the poor quality from LiveRC at the World's is due to poor infrastructure and a lack of planning from the host club. Many told IFMAR of the possible problems, but for the sake of PC, Argentina got the nod.
+1
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
I believe that too many of us in the USA take too much for granted. Too much of what we have/get is assumed to be available in other places. Argentina is not a top drawer country. 99% of the poor quality from LiveRC at the World's is due to poor infrastructure and a lack of planning from the host club. Many told IFMAR of the possible problems, but for the sake of PC, Argentina got the nod.
well if thats the case maybe live rc should refund 50% of the money back if they can only provide less than 50% of the service. Its not just the worlds stream thats been bad. it has even been bad from us tracks also, so im not buying the poor south american countries internet capabilities. live rc switched the way they send their stream out and its sucked ever since. yes they wanted to improve but this time they went backwards so far. should of not waited till a week before the worlds to switch and then find out it sucks imo.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
Maybe RClive should have done Pre-Worlds testing also. They need to think this over on the next Worlds because this is what us competitors of the sport want to see. Hopefully internet will be a far better set-up for the world. We can crash Atoms into each other and find dark matter but yet we can't keep cables plugged in, go fig.
ROFL!!!

Guess we'll have to wait for the DVD
Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

btw DVD..i still wait for my preordered NEO 12 DVD...
Anyway..i like the track itself. makes the race interesting couse its more a european speed track so u see many euro drivers in the top 20.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

so are you saying the American drivers cannot drive fast?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One thing for sure, this WC is making me look like a zombie in the morning!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone explain to me, why is it call World Champion but it seems like the car brand get more exposure than the country that the winner come from. I mean, look at World Cup for soccer, we remember the country that win but not the jersey brand or the soccer boots or the ball brand that they are using.

For this, we remember Kyosho winning, Cody King winning but how many of us relate that to the country? Like US winning? Japan winning?

I think they should call this Brand Championship rather than world. Just sharing my 2 cents.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drstrangelove View Post
Can someone explain to me, why is it call World Champion but it seems like the car brand get more exposure than the country that the winner come from. I mean, look at World Cup for soccer, we remember the country that win but not the jersey brand or the soccer boots or the ball brand that they are using.

For this, we remember Kyosho winning, Cody King winning but how many of us relate that to the country? Like US winning? Japan winning?

I think they should call this Brand Championship rather than world. Just sharing my 2 cents.
First off, soccer is a TEAM sport with ONE TEAM. There is TEAM USA, TEAM GERMANY, TEAM JAPAN, etc. That is it. One team representing one nation. If you want to compete, you have to join your countries team.

IFMAR is an INDIVIDUAL competition, like the world championships for cycling, swimming, etc. Almost everyone in an individual competition cares more about the individual than what country they are from. It's always been that way. And even these individual competitions have brand placement. For instance, Gilbert won the men's road race, but people know he rides for team BMC and rode a BMC bike with branding placed on it. Sponsors make the world go round.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Logical explanation. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
First off, soccer is a TEAM sport with ONE TEAM. There is TEAM USA, TEAM GERMANY, TEAM JAPAN, etc. That is it. One team representing one nation. If you want to compete, you have to join your countries team.

IFMAR is an INDIVIDUAL competition, like the world championships for cycling, swimming, etc. Almost everyone in an individual competition cares more about the individual than what country they are from. It's always been that way. And even these individual competitions have brand placement. For instance, Gilbert won the men's road race, but people know he rides for team BMC and rode a BMC bike with branding placed on it. Sponsors make the world go round.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The NEO race should be instilled as the world championships event, world class venue and very well organised/run.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRC
Team Associated’s Ryan Maifield, who was in that heat, was very critical of the event saying it was the ‘worst’ World Championships he had been to as there was a complete lack of communications. He continued that the schedule is being followed and the re-sort for the qualifying was not done how it was supposed to be done.* He finished his criticism with ‘where is IFMAR?’.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drstrangelove View Post

Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post

It's very much a team sport at the world level, but those teams are made up of many different nationalities. That's why we remember a company winning, because that team isn't made up of just one country.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

It's really a shame this wasn't researched more beforehand by the IFMAR and Liverc people. The track is nice but doesn't have any real technicality at all. The liverc feed is crap. And even the drivers are complaining.

Oh well at least someone can call themselves the new WC soon....
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That pic of Ryan Maifield pretty much says it all. Here's to hoping that once the battle begins all will be forgotten at the moment and all racers can put there best effort forward towards a awesome race!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

With the exception of liverc, I think the worlds coverage is good on Redrc, Neobuggy and facebook. Does anyone remember the 2009 IFMAR 1/10th ELECTRIC OFF ROAD WORLDS? Oh wait, nobody went so it turned out to be a glorified club race!

Here's a refresher.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ps-thread.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.