Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What RTR buggy, Hobao or JQ

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Default What RTR buggy, Hobao or JQ

Hi everyone, I've been looking at getting another nitro buggy (RTR), been a while since I had 1 & was thinking about another Hobao, probably Hyper 9 rtr or whatever is their latest rtr buggy, is the Nitro Star any good & does it come in rtr form, I couldn't find one. If so, can it be upgraded with parts from the pro kit version. I also got told today about the JQ Products "The Car". I had a look at some pics & video & a bit of a read of "The Car" thread here, the kit version sounds good. Is the rtr version a good buggy & can it be upgraded with better pro parts to bring it closer to the spec of the pro kit version. I have money in the bank ready to order & get a few spares as well but not enough to build a pro kit up. I was going to spend the money upgrading my Revo, already got the OS 21tm engine for it waiting to go in but decided a buggy would be better. Im in Australia so I want to order/purchase 1 asap as postage may take a while from somewhere like Amain or somewhere else in the U.S.A. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If it was my money, Id probably go with JQ. It's more race-ready is you want to eventually race it seriously, the hyper is an older design.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Im a fair distance from the closest track where they race 1/8 nitro buggies but yeah wouldn't mind making the trip here & there to do a couple of club races, I used to enjoy it with the Hyper 7 PCR I had years ago.
How does the JQ Car hold up, is it a pretty strong RTR buggy, I've been reading bits about the Kyosho & Mugans breaking parts a bit on some forums, I rarely broke anything on my Hyper 7 PCR so want something that is nice & strong & something that is easy to get upgrade parts for. The JQ is a nice looking buggy & pretty cheap to, hopefully that doesn't mean low quality though with the RTR version.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sworks has a rtr that's coming out looks very promising.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks, I have just created an A Main Hobbies account & am about to purchase the JQ Products The Car (RTR), sounds like a great buggy & the price is hard to beat & being able to upgrade with parts from the "yellow" pro version is good to.
Hope it don't take to long to get here though.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozziii
Thanks, I have just created an A Main Hobbies account & am about to purchase the JQ Products The Car (RTR), sounds like a great buggy & the price is hard to beat & being able to upgrade with parts from the "yellow" pro version is good to.
Hope it don't take to long to get here though.
Ive bought heaps of stuff of A-main (including the THE CAR RTR last thurs) and there postage is normally pretty good hey, If i pay the extra for express i normally get it in a week otherwise the normal postge takes around 2weeks..

As for the buggys ive just been throught all the research etc on RTR"s and i think the JQ Products has the best RTR avaliable for the price ATM its alot more up to date than the Hobao and there is alot of support etc from the team drivers with setups etc and all the Pro Buggy parts will bolt straight on, and ive heard good things about the Alpha RTR motor as well..
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd say JQ is the best RTR buggy out there
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info, I have decided on the JQ & have tried to purchase it but for some reason my PayPal won't work on the Amain site, trying to work out why & have sent Amain an email, hopefully I can get this sorted asap as I want a buggy asap.

I'm also ordering some pre mounted AKA Moto tyres for it as well from Amain, I think I will need them.

Clint, thanks for putting me onto "The Car" it does seem like a great buggy & the best option.
Can I ask how yours is going, & what glow plug are you finding suits the engine as I want to order a few myself but not sure what to go with. It says use a standard plug but there is long & short bodied standard plugs & also long reach standard plugs & I'm not really up to speed on the different types. I have OS LC3 plugs for my new OS 21tm engine, would they suit the Alpha engine as well.
I want to be ale to order some so when the car get here I can start using it.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozziii
Thanks for the info, I have decided on the JQ & have tried to purchase it but for some reason my PayPal won't work on the Amain site, trying to work out why & have sent Amain an email, hopefully I can get this sorted asap as I want a buggy asap.

I'm also ordering some pre mounted AKA Moto tyres for it as well from Amain, I think I will need them.

Clint, thanks for putting me onto "The Car" it does seem like a great buggy & the best option.
Can I ask how yours is going, & what glow plug are you finding suits the engine as I want to order a few myself but not sure what to go with. It says use a standard plug but there is long & short bodied standard plugs & also long reach standard plugs & I'm not really up to speed on the different types. I have OS LC3 plugs for my new OS 21tm engine, would they suit the Alpha engine as well.
I want to be ale to order some so when the car get here I can start using it.
Thanks for the help.
No worries mate, Earlier ive put a Post in CAR RTR Thread with info for ya hey-http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...car-rtr-5.html
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I seen that 1 clint thanks.
I just tried to make the purchase again, its saying they are unable to process your payment using your paypal account at this time. Got me stuffed whats going on with it. My paypal account is fine, it all verified & works elsewhere, just not here.