Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MBX7

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The gear box, to which the shock towers mount, is the same part between the MBX6 and MBX7. MUGE0146. I don't see why it couldn't be mounted. The front arms, however, are not the same from the 6 to the 7. They are quite a bit different, so that may be an issue.

Are you trying to do an MBX6.5 Eco?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I've tried asking in the MBX6 thread but no one seems to know; can the front and rear shock towers from the MBX7 be mounted onto the MBX6, provided I also get a set of front MBX7 shocks to go with it?
the rear tower and shocks are the exact same. the front tower is a straight drop in and to get the 7 shocks all you will need is the shock body as the shafts and caps are the same. if you buy 7 shocks you will need the 6 ball ends.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
The gear box, to which the shock towers mount, is the same part between the MBX6 and MBX7. MUGE0146. I don't see why it couldn't be mounted. The front arms, however, are not the same from the 6 to the 7. They are quite a bit different, so that may be an issue.

Are you trying to do an MBX6.5 Eco?
Thanks for the response bud, and good point there.

Nah I am just replacing the front and rear towers on my Eco because they were tweaked pretty bad by the previous owner. And I found a killer deal on the MBX7 alum towers so I was going to take a leap of faith. It looks like the shock mounting position on the MBX7 arms aren't too far off from the X6 versions so I think I can get it to fit. Might not be 100%, but I only get to bash my Mugen so it's not a major issue. The shock tower tweak is however not a fun thing to have lol. Any other issues you can see occurring? I will purchase the MBX7 front shocks as well as mine are currently in my friends long-travel short course project.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
the rear tower and shocks are the exact same. the front tower is a straight drop in and to get the 7 shocks all you will need is the shock body as the shafts and caps are the same. if you buy 7 shocks you will need the 6 ball ends.
Do you mean the ball ends that go into the plastic shaft ends? If so, I believe they come with the set I'm picking up.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Do you mean the ball ends that go into the plastic shaft ends? If so, I believe they come with the set I'm picking up.
yes, the part that the screw goes through on at the arm. use the ones off your 6, the 7 ones wont fit in the 6 arms.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

yes, the part that the screw goes through on at the arm. use the ones off your 6, the 7 ones wont fit in the 6 arms.
Much appreciated. I'll have to check and see if I gave my friend the ball ends too. Hopefully not. At least I can feel more comfortable placing the order without too much apprehension. :-) Thanks guys.

PS- If you guys want some cheap spares for your X7's or X6's, check out the Dollarhobbyz store on ebay. Some sweet deals. I just raided the sale myself :-) They don't have all the parts, but some of what they do have is dirt cheap.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
Which battery mount works with NiMh batteries and do you sandwich the battery with the plastic mount underneath. do I use the Lipo or life holder?
M2c has a life battery holder which you could couple with std mount underneath.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

I've tried asking in the MBX6 thread but no one seems to know; can the front and rear shock towers from the MBX7 be mounted onto the MBX6, provided I also get a set of front MBX7 shocks to go with it?
I have a set of nip mbx7 front shock bodies I would like to sell. That would be all you need to convert your mbx6 shocks to to work with mbx7 towers. email [email protected]
Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeygrip
I have a set of nip mbx7 front shock bodies I would like to sell. That would be all you need to convert your mbx6 shocks to to work with mbx7 towers. email [email protected]
I appreciate the offer but actually I don't own my front shocks anymore lol. I gave them to a buddy for his long-travel short course rig. So I just bought the new set from fleabay. Thanks again though :-)
Old 08-02-2013, 03:53 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The TBX7 chassis is now ready for shipping from TIX race developments

Milled from the highest quality American 7075T6 Billet Aluminium. The chassis increases rear traction, jumping ability and acts more direct to steering change through the improved flex. If your sick of bending stock chassis during regular use, you'd have to be doing something out of the ordinary to bend one of these.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Is anyone running the m2c mugen medium clutch shoes. I have been running the mugen hard shoes wanted to try something different and have been happy with the wear on the m2c shoes but they dont seem to have the same pop as the mugen ones. We have a huge triple at our track and having trouble making it consistently . I am running the 1.0 springs the triple has a short run up and other cars not alll but others are making it. It is not my tune on my motor either it screams down the straight and the clutch shoes have under a half gallon on them. Motor is nova plus 4 keep off nova 9901 w/40010 header. Thinking of ordering the 1.05 springs but dont know if that will give it the bottom end pop I am looking for or should I go back to the mugen clutch shoes and springs. Thx in advance.

Last edited by maddog74; 08-03-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maddog74
Is anyone running the m2c mugen medium clutch shoes. I have been running the mugen hard shoes wanted to try something different and have been happy with the wear on the m2c shoes but they dont seem to have the same pop as the mugen ones. We have a huge triple at our track and having trouble making it consistently . I am running the 1.0 springs the triple has a short run up and other cars not alll but others are making it. It is not my tune on my motor either it screams down the straight and the clutch shoes have under a half gallon on them. Motor is nova plus 4 keep off nova 9901 w/40010 header. Thinking of ordering the 1.05 springs but dont know if that will give it the bottom end pop I am looking for or should I go back to the mugen clutch shoes and springs. Thx in advance.
All I run is medium shoes ... You may want to go to .95 springs honestly, you probably have to much wheel spin, or add more weight.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

All I run is medium shoes ... You may want to go to .95 springs honestly, you probably have to much wheel spin, or add more weight.
I am not running the m2c flywheel running stick flywheel with m2c shoes. Do you run the m2c 4 shoe on your setup Jonathan? Doubt it is wheel spin the track was grooved up so no wheel spin. Oh well I am gonna try the mugen hard shoes again to see if that helps. The clutch feels like it just doesnt have that punch now.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maddog74
I am not running the m2c flywheel running stick flywheel with m2c shoes. Do you run the m2c 4 shoe on your setup Jonathan? Doubt it is wheel spin the track was grooved up so no wheel spin. Oh well I am gonna try the mugen hard shoes again to see if that helps. The clutch feels like it just doesnt have that punch now.
I run the m2c 4 shoe steel flywheel with .95 springs ... I have ran his 3 shoe systems also, and ran the stock flywheel with med shoes and stock mugen setup. I just like the feel of 4 shoe the best. It's all preference, run what works best for you.

I just noticed you're from savannah. What take are you having trouble with? Most tracks around here get a nice groove but still aren't that hooked up, Henry county last week for the border wars is an example and savannah at the colonial classic this year, both got a good groove but still slick. But like I said, you have to find the combination that works best for you and your driving style.

Last edited by jmaxey51; 08-04-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Hey all I have an issue with my front end.
After rebuilding my shocks i was messing with my front arm movement. I had my left arm raise higher than my my right arm before the sway bay affected the opposite arm. I dont see any binding the sway bar is mounted on the arm the same distance on ends. I tightened the 1.5mm screw to where it hits the sway bar and the same effect the left arm raises higher than right arm.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.