Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Happy holidays
Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BPettit
Mugen's Kenji Osaka built 3 X7's before lunch.
Kenji is quick, that's because he been working with the MBX7 testing for a long time.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGuam
Kenji is quick, that's because he been working with the MBX7 testing for a long time.
Also I'm willing to bet he doesn't need the instruction manual to do it
Old 12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Titian2010
I told you the only thing I'm putting against your kyosho......wait I mean tki8.2 is my traxxas slash lol....2wd on a non lipo ok I'm done before we get flamed for non x7 talk. But for real erase 8.2 in your sig since your chatting with Mugen guys

Please......Ill dust you with a traxas. And theres no K parts on my car other then springs
Old 12-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
The manual tells you to install the pistons with the taper facing up. Wouldn't that give faster compression and slower rebound? What conditions would you want that, and what conditions would you want slower compression and faster rebound?
Taper side always up.

Correct this slows the rebound, which is what you want.

It allows you to run softer oils without getting the bounce back from landings. It's commonly believed that the bounce on landing comes from the chassis slapping, but it's not the case. It comes from the fact that chassis slapping happens when the oil is a bit soft, and that is the same on compression and rebound. So with normal pistons, when the oil is too thin, not only the chassis slaps in the ground, but the rebound is also too fast, and that is what makes te car bounce back on landings.

So with te tapered pistons, you can run softer oils without having this issue. Yes the chassis will slap on landings but it is not an issue.

Just my 0.02$
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Santa is still coming to town

One of Santas Elfs dropped this off on saturday, Thanks Mugen Seiki, another quality product. I should be driving it by Monday.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7-dsc01078.jpg   Mugen MBX7-dsc01079.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Taper side always up.

Correct this slows the rebound, which is what you want.

It allows you to run softer oils without getting the bounce back from landings. It's commonly believed that the bounce on landing comes from the chassis slapping, but it's not the case. It comes from the fact that chassis slapping happens when the oil is a bit soft, and that is the same on compression and rebound. So with normal pistons, when the oil is too thin, not only the chassis slaps in the ground, but the rebound is also too fast, and that is what makes te car bounce back on landings.

So with te tapered pistons, you can run softer oils without having this issue. Yes the chassis will slap on landings but it is not an issue.

Just my 0.02$
this is right.

the taperd side should be facing upside.
every car in the 1/1 scale world have slower rebound than compress. i have been talking alot with ohlins and they have give me alot of good tips for me what regards shocks!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmike
One of Santas Elfs dropped this off on saturday, Thanks Mugen Seiki, another quality product. I should be driving it by Monday.
Let me know what track youwant to go to. Ill be sure and put my kyoshos bumper in the side of that new mugen.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmike
Santas elf made a mistake! That was supposed to go to my house.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Hello, could someone tell me which part is in the setup sheet in Rear Shock, the "Pivot Ball Position: Front-Rear"

Thanks. Best Regards.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any idea when the JConcepts Finnisher will be out?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guillermito
Hello, could someone tell me which part is in the setup sheet in Rear Shock, the "Pivot Ball Position: Front-Rear"

Thanks. Best Regards.
Don't understand the question. Are you asking for a part number or which way does the pivot face?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
am
Tech Master

He is asking what way the steel ball for the rear lower shockmount is facing. You have microadjustment of the shockangle in witch way the steel ball for the shock are mounted on the rear suspensionarm i guess... I have not recived my car yet and it could be some time before i get it BUHUUUUU!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by am
He is asking what way the steel ball for the rear lower shockmount is facing. You have microadjustment of the shockangle in witch way the steel ball for the shock are mounted on the rear suspensionarm i guess... I have not recived my car yet and it could be some time before i get it BUHUUUUU!!!
Yes this is correct "Pivot Ball Position" is the direction of the steel ball on the shock end, you are able to change the shock angle by which way you mount the shock in the arm. I havnt played with this setting too much, I guess it changes the dampening some. I guess when you mount the shock to the arm and the flange on the ball is positioned toward the head of the screw it will make the suspension slightly softer than if it was mounted the other way (thats for the rear shocks, not sure if in or out makes the front softer or stiffer till I try it).

The manual on step#22 has a pic of the pivot ball position on the bottom right window.

Ya im confused now on tapper position, A few years back while on Jammin we tested tappered hole pistons and me and Halsey would argue on the direction (tapper up or down). I thought that the tapper down would have faster rebound because it would dirrect the oil more to the hole, however he said up because the oil has to flow through more surface area (on compression) of the piston. we tested up and down and I honestly couldnt tell a diffence till we tested the actual shape of the piston (thats when I noticed the change in compression to rebound speeds).

I know for a fact that piston thickness has a big effect on dampening as well. I had a 1.3 6 hole piston (on the jammin buggy) with say 30wt shock oil, I changed that piston out to a 1.3 6 hole piston (but this piston was only 3/4-half the thickness). I had to go up nearly 10wt thicker on shock oil for the thinner piston to feel like it had the same dampening as the standard thickness one. But I think this is kinda usless because it doesnt change rebound or compression, it just changes the dampening.

Last edited by chad bradley; 12-23-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (99%+)

Originally Posted by chad bradley

Yes this is correct "Pivot Ball Position" is the direction of the steel ball on the shock end, you are able to change the shock angle by which way you mount the shock in the arm. I havnt played with this setting too much, I guess it changes the dampening some. I guess when you mount the shock to the arm and the flange on the ball is positioned toward the head of the screw it will make the suspension slightly softer than if it was mounted the other way (thats for the rear shocks, not sure if in or out makes the front softer or stiffer till I try it).
Hey Chad, I was looking at your set up and your front drop setting seems long from screw to screw, how were you able to get 123.5. I have 104 measuring from screw to screw in the front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.