Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MBX7

Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaLaBeR View Post
Hey, I just switched back to Mugen for the 2014 season. What setup would be a good starting point for a high grip track? Here is a video if that would help. If you could let me know that would be awesome! Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tegk5EFUmUY
I would start with the one i posted a link to and make changes from there. i feel like the kit setup is a good starting point for all types of tracks. i started with it and made changes to suit me. i pretty much run the same setup everywhere with minor changes here and there for different tracks.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

jmaxey51, now do you feel about that set up for a short tight track?
Thanks for input.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
I would start with the one i posted a link to and make changes from there. i feel like the kit setup is a good starting point for all types of tracks. i started with it and made changes to suit me. i pretty much run the same setup everywhere with minor changes here and there for different tracks.
Will do, thanks.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
I know this is the nitro thread, but is there a kit setup for the ECO? I've been running the 7 for quite a while, and really like it.

Just picked up an ECO, and I'm wondering if I should just leave the M-Spec setup on it to start, or make some changes. I didn't like the M-Spec setup on the nitro.

Suggestions Jonathan?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Stubbs, Waflet did an Eco set up back on page 447, that might help you a bit
Old 02-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Stubby I have the M spec set up mainly on my eco. Send me a PM or call or text me if you need more help.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just put Waflet's set up on to try out this weekend I hope. I like an aggressive car so if this works great!
Couple of Quick question for Waflet...
you listed the front upper arm as 4mm all back. Is that spacers all in back (min caster) or the arms all the way back (max caster)?
Same thing with the lower front and rear arms... Shim in front of arms or rear of arms?

Kevin,
got your PM...thats wierd regarding the chassis. I thought I had the only one in existence like that. You can use the extra holes to move the battery and radio tray to help balance out the car a little. Hope to see you this weekend.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Kevin,
got your PM...thats wierd regarding the chassis. I thought I had the only one in existence like that. You can use the extra holes to move the battery and radio tray to help balance out the car a little. Hope to see you this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Nick I took a few pics of the car and mailed them to Bill. I will be putting on some final touches on car and new body for this weekend and Motorama.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AC500 View Post
jmaxey51, now do you feel about that set up for a short tight track?
Thanks for input.
i run on a pretty big track but it is really tight pretty regular and been traveling up to a small indoor track also and i pretty much keep all the same. for the big tight track i change nothing on my setup (i started with kit setup). on the small tight indoor track, i usually go to the outer most shock location on the tower, and also run the black 9.25 front 10.75 rear springs as the track is a little bump and pretty loose.

Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
I know this is the nitro thread, but is there a kit setup for the ECO? I've been running the 7 for quite a while, and really like it.

Just picked up an ECO, and I'm wondering if I should just leave the M-Spec setup on it to start, or make some changes. I didn't like the M-Spec setup on the nitro.

Suggestions Jonathan?
I don't have an Eco yet, should be getting one in a few weeks, never really liked ebuggy much LOL. i have driven a few eco 7 and it made me want one. they had the stock setup and it was pretty solid if you are smooth on the trigger, but if you're hard on the trigger it can be a little tail happy. when i had the eco 6 buggy, i ran the exact same setup as my nitro but went up on my shock oil, worked well for me. thats what i will be doing with the eco 7 buggy too.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beidle99 View Post
I just put Waflet's set up on to try out this weekend I hope. I like an aggressive car so if this works great!
Couple of Quick question for Waflet...
you listed the front upper arm as 4mm all back. Is that spacers all in back (min caster) or the arms all the way back (max caster)?
Same thing with the lower front and rear arms... Shim in front of arms or rear of arms?

Kevin,
got your PM...thats wierd regarding the chassis. I thought I had the only one in existence like that. You can use the extra holes to move the battery and radio tray to help balance out the car a little. Hope to see you this weekend.
Hideeho
The spacers on top are all front for max caster. On the bottom they are in back for even more caster. That is SUPER aggressive, but using the active caster, mid in back, up in front, tones it down enough to make it very drivable. When I went through it yesterday (snow had Alabama shut down for a week), I found 2 things different on my setup. I had gone to 42.5wt AE oil in the front & my pistons are 1.2x8 m2c straight, not tapered. I have up dated my original post to reflect this.

As mentioned, I'm running this on an Eco (forgot this was the nitro thread when I posted it ). Your results on a nitro may be different because of the different cog.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waflet View Post
Hideeho
The spacers on top are all front for max caster. On the bottom they are in back for even more caster. That is SUPER aggressive, but using the active caster, mid in back, up in front, tones it down enough to make it very drivable. When I went through it yesterday (snow had Alabama shut down for a week), I found 2 things different on my setup. I had gone to 42.5wt AE oil in the front & my pistons are 1.2x8 m2c straight, not tapered. I have up dated my original post to reflect this.

As mentioned, I'm running this on an Eco (forgot this was the nitro thread when I posted it ). Your results on a nitro may be different because of the different cog.
Thanks for the update...I was putting it on my Eco..I have a pretty good setup for my Nitro but I never could find the sweet spot on my eco. At this point I have coppied your set up exactly except for the non-taper pistons and center diff. But will try it if I need a slight adjustment.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Which way do you guys run the 1.3*8 pistons ? Does the taper go up or go down and what oils do I start with ? Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i run mine with the taper like this ^

42.5f and 40r
Old 02-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eastside777 View Post
Which way do you guys run the 1.3*8 pistons ? Does the taper go up or go down and what oils do I start with ? Thanks
Taper ^ and 650f 600r is what I run mostly. Mine are 1.2 8 hole.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:29 AM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

I run mine ^ as well. I typically run 750 front 700 rear with the 1.3's, but it will just depend on the conditions of the track that you are running at.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service