Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendation for nitro on farm/park.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow thanks for that method of break in. I have always heard about that but never understood until now. Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
ok guys well i've got the savage on my xmas list with a tuned pipe. Its going to be awsome on my farm if have absouletly massive jumps 20ft+. I also have paddocks with thick dirt!! that will be cool. Currently though one thing that is scaring me is the break in and tunning part. Can someone correct me if im wrong.
For break in:
Keep factory needle settings
Run 3 tanks at idol (do i put any revs on the remote?)
run 2 tanks at half speed in circle.

For tuning:
Tune the HSN all the way until you start to lose peformance on your engine from being to lean.
Then tune LSN, the exact way as the HSN.

Thanks for all your help so far guys

I would look at a Truggy over a Savage...its more durable, more versatile and usually much much easier to repair........ its also more capable offroad.....a Truggy pretty much goes over everything, a Savage can go over very little without ending up on its roof.....
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

What type of truggy then? The 8ight is like $800. My mum said if all I get is an rc I can get one around $600
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

A good truggy costs a ton..

If you can't afford the 8T 2.0 RTR, you'd be looking at the Kyosho Neo.. How long that would hold up, I don't know..

And opinions vary, but IMO a Savage has more fun potential than even a good truggy.. Gear shifts, wheelies, possible upgrades down the road(3-speed, different bodies), etc.. I'm a Losi fan for bashing, but for what you say you want to do, and given your budget, I think a Savage really is probably your best bet...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Savage will work great for what you're doing.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Guys, what about the trophy truggy 4.6? I know it's not a roto start but what would be the speed compared to a savage x 4.6? Also is it durable? I would prefer it to be a truggy. Also I love how its waterproof.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

It's also much cheaper then the savage in Australia. But is it durable? Also whats the top speed of it stock?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is a guy at our track that has been running the 8t 2.0 rr since they came out for the express purpose of seeing how little he could spend. As motors have burned up he has replaced them with low price options. I think he is running a dynamite .24 right now. The only other thing that is not stock are his servos. When the stock ones gave way he opted for Hitec 59xx. As other parts have worn he has always replaced with stock. I'm thinking he has three years of hard use on it and by far he has gotten more bang for the buck than anyone else out there. His steady driving keeps him competitive too.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

If the HPI Trophy is truly a rebadged HB Lightning, then yeah it's tough.. I still think a Savage would be more fun.. 3-speed, wheelies, more options, more spare part availability, etc..
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Unless parts and parts money are readily available, less ---simpler, can be more fun.