Search

MBX7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default MBX7?

What's the ETA on this kit?

Does anyone know the changes that will be made between the 6 and the 7?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TX_Punisher

Thanks
Im pretty sure it'll be awhile before we see a 7. we just got the updated springs n chassis, n just last week for the truck. I also hear we have a 6T eco coming soon. I would think maybe late 2012-2013 before we see a mbx7.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Im pretty sure it'll be awhile before we see a 7. we just got the updated springs n chassis, n just last week for the truck. I also hear we have a 6T eco coming soon. I would think maybe late 2012-2013 before we see a mbx7.
+1 now go oil some filters! Haha
Old 07-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Farris
+1 now go oil some filters! Haha
Old 07-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
+1 I dont understand why theres a rumor of a 7, when there just released a update for the 6. I dont think one will be out for a while. If there is, there's not much more to change. Maybe a diffrent radio tray and thats about all they can do. Kit is already dialed.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
+1 I dont understand why theres a rumor of a 7, when there just released a update for the 6. I dont think one will be out for a while. If there is, there's not much more to change. Maybe a diffrent radio tray and thats about all they can do. Kit is already dialed.
a stronger front end would be nice..... We are blowing up Mugen front ends like crazy on our new track...definitely a big durability issue on a big air track........i had no idea how fragile the 6T front was till we opened our new track...
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
a stronger front end would be nice..... We are blowing up Mugen front ends like crazy on our new track...definitely a big durability issue on a big air track........i had no idea how fragile the 6T front was till we opened our new track...
+1
i don't run mugen but i see the same front end issue at any track with big air jumps.. but the funny thing is that mugen guys will deny that there is an issue with the durability of their plastics... other than that, the mbx6 & mbx6t are AWESOME machines.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

There defiantly is an issue with blowing up Mugen arms. I have broken front and rear. I started rolling a mbx6t last November. It's a great truck but arms do break and you need to keep a close eye on how the gears are shimmed. No sense hiding the arm issue.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

theres so many re updates on arms theve done. I personally on buggy dont have a issue. I have broke on on e car once all my fault though. Any car brakes on blunt force but xray.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I drive on a big air track and have no problems. I think your drivers need to stop casing jumps or just learn how to drive in general.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CKmaxx
I drive on a big air track and have no problems. I think your drivers need to stop casing jumps or just learn how to drive in general.
LOL !

I would like to see you come here and give these boys driving lessons....

All joking aside the Mugen is by far the least durable truggy we have seen to date...Losi, Hotbodies, Serpent, Ae are not having any issues at all...the Mugens are blowing apart like crazy doing the same track, same crashes, same jumps...Mugen is the most popular machine at our track and the issues are happening with every single one of them....I had no idea how bad the issue was till we started running this new track.....
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TX_Punisher

Thanks
Are you asking this from that buggy that Rubin (killerkustoms) posted?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D8
+1
i don't run mugen but i see the same front end issue at any track with big air jumps.. but the funny thing is that mugen guys will deny that there is an issue with the durability of their plastics... other than that, the mbx6 & mbx6t are AWESOME machines.
havent broke a front arm, cracked a rear tho but who knows how many gallons and races it has on it ... on truggy, boiling the arms helps. i didnt boil the arms on my new truggy so watch me break one tomorrow

BTW, the arms have been changed atleast 3 times, small changes but their are changes. changed droop hole, the thickness around the inner hinge pin, and width. and on buggy they went from the straight one to one with a bend. the newest ones seem alot stronger.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
havent broke a front arm, cracked a rear tho but who knows how many gallons and races it has on it ... on truggy, boiling the arms helps. i didnt boil the arms on my new truggy so watch me break one tomorrow

BTW, the arms have been changed atleast 3 times, small changes but their are changes. changed droop hole, the thickness around the inner hinge pin, and width. and on buggy they went from the straight one to one with a bend. the newest ones seem alot stronger.

I absolutely love the truck...and till now there really hasn't been any issues for us........I am quite surprised by it actually...I have had a 6T for 2 years and not had many problems at all..... Same with the other guys at the track.... However with the new layout there is big air, and with the Mugen there is zero tolerance for error...The other cars can be driven much harder, crash much harder and have far less breakage..........People can say it is driver error, and I can agree with that, but the reality is most drivers are going to crash, and these cars need to be able to handle it when it happens.... Either way I still love the car, just would like to see a little more of the old 5T durability from it !
Old 07-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z-Man.
Are you asking this from that buggy that Rubin (killerkustoms) posted?
No. After he posted that pic I searched a little bit and found the site he posted with the photos.

When someone posted asking if it was the 7, it made me a little curious when, and if, a 7 would be coming out as I may upgrade next year from my 2010 XRAY. Still wanting to see if they make any small changes to the newest version of the 808 next year but could be swayed if an MBX7 was to drop next year. Mugens pretty much outnumber anything else at the tracks in our area. Some track support from fellow racers is always a good thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.