Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy - Buggy Bearings help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Truggy - Buggy Bearings help?

what bearings are good? Metal or Rubber sealed? How often do you need to replace the bearings or is just cleaning good enough? Is there a certain brand that is better than others?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

There are many options. I use advantage racing bearings their very reasonable and high quality they last. How you clean your cars is key don't use water don't run in the rain or muddy conditions. I use a senthetic oil ( advantage or acer) before using this helps free up the bearing. I also use after each race after I brush off the dirt. My bearing last a long time rarely having bearing failures. The only bearings I replace frequently is my motor bearings these get changed before every race day even if they feel great.

Rubber seal will protect against incoming dirt. Some use metal shield on there motor bells. You can also buy rubber and metal shield bearings but make sure the rubber is facing the elements. I prefer rubber seal bearings all the way around.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

With normal cleaning of the car I replace the bearings once they feel anything less than perfectly smooth. Any sort of grit to them, and in the trash can they go. Bearings are fairly inexpensive and they all seem to last about the same.

I normally run dual rubber seal bearings, but will run the single rubber seal /single metal shield bearings as well with no issues.