Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ? >

MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ?

MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ?

Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
  #1  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Questions?? MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ?

I have an MBX6T and am considering buying an 811T or a DNX408T. What differences in handling and driving style can I expect between the three?
chopper82p is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 PM
  #2  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 445
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
I have an MBX6T and am considering buying an 811T or a DNX408T. What differences in handling and driving style can I expect between the three?
Chopper, be happy with what you have. The Mugen is amongst the best, buying another kit will not make you any better than you are now. Spend your time and money on what you have. Learn setup techniques, engine tuning, and more focus on becoming a better driver.

But if you insist on "Another What's Better" thread, than you should instead read the threads for the respective kits and draw your own conclusion.
Johnieblaze is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 PM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
 
LosiPRRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze View Post
Chopper, be happy with what you have. The Mugen is amongst the best, buying another kit will not make you any better than you are now. Spend your time and money on what you have. Learn setup techniques, engine tuning, and more focus on becoming a better driver.

But if you insist on "Another What's Better" thread, than you should instead read the threads for the respective kits and draw your own conclusion.
+1
LosiPRRACER is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
  #4  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

I would agree with them two also i run a RC8TCE converted and been learning still of how it likes to be driven and the diffrent supension settings on it etc.

So i would first try all of that on what you have now if you dont like it than just get something else. All the racing 1/8 scales are good they all just drive diffrently .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,935
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze View Post
Chopper, be happy with what you have. The Mugen is amongst the best, buying another kit will not make you any better than you are now. Spend your time and money on what you have. Learn setup techniques, engine tuning, and more focus on becoming a better driver.

But if you insist on "Another What's Better" thread, than you should instead read the threads for the respective kits and draw your own conclusion.

+1000

80% driver 20% car
rcmoe is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
  #6  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze View Post
Chopper, be happy with what you have. The Mugen is amongst the best, buying another kit will not make you any better than you are now. Spend your time and money on what you have. Learn setup techniques, engine tuning, and more focus on becoming a better driver.

But if you insist on "Another What's Better" thread, than you should instead read the threads for the respective kits and draw your own conclusion.
I wouldn't be buying a new kit right now, just deciding for the future, I was going to buy a new MBX6TR kit and keep my MBX6T for spares but I was wondering if there are other kits that I might like better, the 811t and DNX408T are the two other kits I would be interested in if I decide against an MBX6TR.

I did read the threads of all the kits but I was looking for someone who has driven 2 or 3 of these kits that I'm interested in to give me a good idea about different handling characteristics and driving style.
chopper82p is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
  #7  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

I might also consider a Kyosho ST-RR EVO, if anyone has experience with it compared to an mbx6t...
chopper82p is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,016
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Everyone here runs mugen,serpent,kyosho,and i believe 1 durango,1 rc8tce,and a few losi's and a mugen driver outperformed all of the other trucks with no problem so all trucks can win at an equal level with the right driver.I say keep the mugen and just try different set-up changes.Not to mention the wear on mugen stuff is barely anything.
kman16jr is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
  #9  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
Everyone here runs mugen,serpent,kyosho,and i believe 1 durango,1 rc8tce,and a few losi's and a mugen driver outperformed all of the other trucks with no problem so all trucks can win at an equal level with the right driver.I say keep the mugen and just try different set-up changes.Not to mention the wear on mugen stuff is barely anything.
Different kits have different handling characteristics though, regardless of setup changes. Some turn better, jump better, etc.

With a good enough driver, like you said, any truck can win, they're all very competitive, I'm just trying to find the right, or a better match for my driving style.
chopper82p is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

what you have is good have you tried racemugen.com site for set-ups?
transplantlife is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:20 PM
  #11  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
what you have is good have you tried racemugen.com site for set-ups?
Yeah, I have gone on there for different set ups.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my MBX6T, I was just wondering if I should try something else next time I buy a kit or if I should buy an MBX6TR.
chopper82p is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
hookem34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas.....Y'all!
Posts: 1,793
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
I might also consider a Kyosho ST-RR EVO, if anyone has experience with it compared to an mbx6t...
I came from Mugen and then I moved into Kyosho. My EVO fits me so much better. It actually turns...lol! I am more of a point a shoot driver and the Mugen likes a more full throttle/on power approach.

Plus the K cars/trucks just put the power down more efficiently and effectively..which is important considering the powerful engines I like to run

Just ask Neal what he thought about the EVO truggy once he drove one...it's a snake killer
hookem34 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 PM
  #13  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
I came from Mugen and then I moved into Kyosho. My EVO fits me so much better. It actually turns...lol! I am more of a point a shoot driver and the Mugen likes a more full throttle/on power approach.

Plus the K cars/trucks just put the power down more efficiently and effectively..which is important considering the powerful engines I like to run

Just ask Neal what he thought about the EVO truggy once he drove one...it's a snake killer
I'm liking the ST-RR EVO more and more. Gonna need to find someone with an ST-RR EVO willing to let me drive it for a few laps.

How is the wear on the drive line with the Kyosho? And how is the durability?
chopper82p is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I saw a guy with the kyosho truggy and couldn't tell if he was just a bad driver or it was the car. Either way i can say it is durable with all the crashing he did. Pretty sure it's a good kit just didn't have a good driver. Only time i have ever seen one.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
hookem34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas.....Y'all!
Posts: 1,793
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
I'm liking the ST-RR EVO more and more. Gonna need to find someone with an ST-RR EVO willing to let me drive it for a few laps.

How is the wear on the drive line with the Kyosho? And how is the durability?
Driveline durability has been excellent. Only thing that has broke is a rear wing mount.
hookem34 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.