Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My advice. Keep the 6t.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
My advice. Keep the 6t.
I will be running the mbx6t for the last few races of the season, if I get enough money, I will probably buy an ST-RR EVO, maybe if I feel like my Mugen is enough, I will keep it, I will try to get someone to let me drive their st-rr evo a few laps so I can try it before I spend $800 on a kit.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
I will be running the mbx6t for the last few races of the season, if I get enough money, I will probably buy an ST-RR EVO, maybe if I feel like my Mugen is enough, I will keep it, I will try to get someone to let me drive their st-rr evo a few laps so I can try it before I spend $800 on a kit.
No need to drop $800 when you can pick up a lightly used EVO with spares for $650 or less....
Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
Buying the evo is like selling your bentley for a rolls royce. They are both nice so no need to switch. Plus think of all the spares you already have for the 6t.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
No need to drop $800 when you can pick up a lightly used EVO with spares for $650 or less....
I'd rather build it up myself than buy used.

Unless I find an extraordinarily well maintained used one with spares.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Buying the evo is like selling your bentley for a rolls royce. They are both nice so no need to switch. Plus think of all the spares you already have for the 6t.
Not too many spares lol, I have the front and rear arms, and other small parts that never break anyway lol. I don't have too many spares for it.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Angry

I have owned the 6t , 811t and the Evo all 3 of them are great trucks. I had the mugen for a year and really liked the truck it turned good but the arms are not durable and are still not no matter what some of the mugen fanboys tell you and if mugen would fix the arms they would sell a lot more kits and the metal and plastic wear is very little.

I have always had kyosho truggys the str, Strr and the Evo. The Evo is a great truck it turns good, jumps great and is real planted and is a truck that you can drive as hard as you can and it only gets faster. The plastic and metal wear is good but not one of the best because the front arms will break but not as easy as the mugen and the anodizing on the chassis and shocks wear off very quick but it does not affect the handling just doesn't look as good after a few races.

The 811t is a great truck and loves to jump it also seems to be one of the better turning trucks I have had and is very durable and the metal wear is great and I haven't seen any of them break except a buddy of mine who decided to jump his into a enclosed trailer at full throttle and broke a corner off the shock tower which I don't think anything would have crashed that hard and not broke.

A different truck can make you a better driver depending on your style of driving and how you like a truck to act. I am a kyosho fan all the way but if I was gonna buy a new truggy it would be the 811t team edition when it comes out and it comes with the upgraded aluminum shock towers, hard anodized shock caps and the new diff gears the only bad part of the serpent is the bodies are flimsy
Old 09-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze View Post
Chopper, be happy with what you have. The Mugen is amongst the best, buying another kit will not make you any better than you are now. Spend your time and money on what you have. Learn setup techniques, engine tuning, and more focus on becoming a better driver.

But if you insist on "Another What's Better" thread, than you should instead read the threads for the respective kits and draw your own conclusion.
Chopper, I've seen you drive because you are from my home track. I've also seen you at races, at which you look very lost. Not picking on you, but this is what we've all went through as beginners. I use to run mugen okay, and now I'm a serpent team driver. My advice to you again, is to keep what you have and learn the car. To say that another car is better for you is rubbish because you're not a good enough driver to notice a real difference in "laptimes". What I mean is you wouldn't know at this stage if your issue is due to a setup change needing to take place or your chemistry with the car itself. At this level, any car can be made to do pretty much anything, but you must understand how to set a car up to your liking. Buying a new kit will only bring about new issues and you'll be hitting the reset button regardless of what kit you buy. I've also seen you attend races without the NUMBER ONE NECESSITY; TIRES TIRES TIRES. No car will jump, turn, accelerate, brake, or perform without first having the right tire. As far as getting a car for your driving style, you have yet to develop one because you are too new to racing. As you become better at racing and driving, your style will become apparent. You can't possibly have a driving style without yet knowing how to drive. And if you have to save money to buy a kit then you shouldn't be considering it, instead you should be stocking up on the right tire for the tracks you run on and the parts that are most vulnerable on your car and start some real practicing. Period .....

Last edited by Johnieblaze; 09-25-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wow...did anybody see that bus coming...lol However, he is right. Tires is better than any magical setup.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Yeah but he's being honest and he's right learn the car and learn the adjusments .
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Yeah but he's being honest and he's right learn the car and learn the adjusments .
True but instead of seeing the guy struggling, walk over and help the guy and let him run the hot tire for a few laps then explain to him that's what he should go buy. This is what kills me about this hobby. Why can't we just help each other out when we see someone needs it....
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Exactly.. Should be about fun after all..

There were some valid points there. But the tone was patronizing, like "go figure it all out on your own, then get back to us when you have a clue..." Would've pissed me off...

Last edited by Herrsavage; 09-25-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
True but instead of seeing the guy struggling, walk over and help the guy and let him run the hot tire for a few laps then explain to him that's what he should go buy. This is what kills me about this hobby. Why can't we just help each other out when we see someone needs it....
To be honest he's seems like hes on his own path. The member stated he had offered help/suggestions prior. I agree everyone needs to help but there always a guy that's stubborn or they think they know it all or hes a poser. if your serious about racing you would have spares, and tires that basics.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
To be honest he's seems like hes on his own path. The member stated he had offered help/suggestions prior. I agree everyone needs to help but there always a guy that's stubborn or they think they know it all or hes a poser. if your serious about racing you would have spares, and tires that basics.
TRUE THAT....
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chopper is an enthusiastic young man. He's learning. Next year at this time he may very well be teaching us a few things.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.