Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao products exclusively distributed by HPI RACING in US and Japan

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by azizhoby
Hy frend, i have 1 buggy hobao hyper 7 where can i get the part? TQ
Anyone that distributes HPI will have Hobao parts also.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

I heard this more than a year ago but I do not see any hobao buggies on the HPI site .. I thought they would carry the full line .. They are all still on OFNAs site. Does anyone know why this is ... I see Ofna is even saying Ofna Hyper SS buggy coming soon (thats a Hobao product from what I understand.

Tim Caputo
Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

The Hobao product line has returned to OFNA.

Here is what the website states:
OFNA is now supporting HoBao products purchased in OFNA labelled boxes. OFNA has been name the exclusive supplier of HoBao products in North America and will continue to offer spare parts support under the OFNA part numbers. Currently, OFNA is again supplying spare parts to dealers and distributors.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D Starks
The Hobao product line has returned to OFNA.

Here is what the website states:
OFNA is now supporting HoBao products purchased in OFNA labelled boxes. OFNA has been name the exclusive supplier of HoBao products in North America and will continue to offer spare parts support under the OFNA part numbers. Currently, OFNA is again supplying spare parts to dealers and distributors.
Interesting ... they still do not offer any of the hyper cars anymore I wonder if that message is very recent.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

HPI Crumbled and then was picked up by Great Planes. They were obviously not in any position to start distributing Hobao products when they couldn't even keep HPI and Hot Bodies products in house. I think its better that Ofna kept them and I am enjoying HB products coming from Great Planes so I can lump it all together with my other products.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes we are starting to get Hobao kits in and the first one is the On-Road H4 touring sedan, we still have parts for Hyper7/8/9 and will bring that back into inventory. The SS series cars we will have in the next few weeks, we ill have SS buggies in Nitro and Electric, SS Truggy in Nitro and Electric, SS On-Road Nitro and Electric and the Caged SS's also in Nitro and Electric.. Others cars to come and the return of Hyper 10SC but I think that will only be in RTR electric. So far the truggy looks trick but of course these are all RTR kits that we will be getting, I'm sure some hop-ups will come for these rides. We look forward to having Hobao back and making our customers happy again.

Oh and I heard somewhere on the horizon of a huge ride coming from Hobao can't say what it is but it looks cool.