Wiki Posts
Search

2012 worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
Its only really 5 (3 Ryan's, Tebo, Ty) contenders out there and 3 or 4 (Dakota, Lutz, Savoya, Bloomfield) people with a outside chance. With that said, Nobody thought Cody had a chance and he pulled one out of his hat...
True but IMO that shows anyone can win.. Cody is def fast but IMO it was alot of luck and not to deny his skill either... On any normal day it's hard to upset the ryan and ryan show,tebo or now ty tessman. I see cody is fast at alot of jbrl events or some of the other events in cali but you hardly ever see him really mix it up with the people above i mentioned on a regular basis. Also those guys i mentioned are also fast at everything including 1/10.. Not just 1/8th where i see cody more mentioned. On the flip side of things i was happy to see cody win because it was someone diffrent and was totally unexpected... I agree with nick also.. RM is def the james stewart of rc but he's very exciting to watch!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I think TY will take the cake this year. Rooting for Kortz though.
Also rooting for Kortz. Maifield is definitely a favorite. I would put Easton as a contender, he always seems to be on pace, but has some crappy luck.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barracuda72
i would like to see an event like the NEO Race become the official WC Race..No one can spend hugh amount of bucks to get their driver to train there...everyone have equal chances to win..
Thats how its supposed to be but Ifmar lack balls. Shame really.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

ill go with the "underdogs" dakotah and lutz if he can finish a race with that durango
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IMO.. from this side of the pond on a track with that layout I will say Ty Tessmann and from the other side R.Batlle will be very very fast.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Looking at the way these races are run, you have to have speed and a TON of good luck to get a good qualifying run in.

Some of the fastest guys in the world barely make the c main sometimes. I allways look forward to seeing what parts everyone is useing. Especially engines and tires.

But the winner of the A main is meaningless to me. You could just pick anyone on the stand during the amain and hand him a trophy skipping the race entirely, it's that close.
They are all fast and luck is indeed a factor
IMO I have always thought that it should be a series of races kinda like f1 to determine world number 1, with so many factors, the fastest guy should be someone who is fast not only in that track in that year but who is fast in all styles of tracks all the time.

anyways GO Ty!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Dakotah Phend all the way! The kid was the fastest at the Nats this year, but made a few too many mistakes. He has the speed, generally finishes all his races, now just a little bit of luck and that WC trophy will come to Michigan!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wouldnt consider Phend an under dog at all. That kid has gotten super fast over the last year and I have him as 3rd on my radar behind Maifield and Tessmen. I wouldnt be suprised what so ever if he wins it.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

BIG RACES!! I say TEBO all the way.......he just seems to have that next gear that others dont at the BIG EVENTS
Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by omarwashington
They are all fast and luck is indeed a factor
IMO I have always thought that it should be a series of races kinda like f1 to determine world number 1, with so many factors, the fastest guy should be someone who is fast not only in that track in that year but who is fast in all styles of tracks all the time.

anyways GO Ty!
Yeah the worlds should be 3 races. 3 different tracks. Make one of the tracks a completely unseen, undriven on, temperary track in the middle of a cornfield or something.

Deciding it by one race, one stroke of good, or bad luck is kinda lame.

The kind of thing where everyone runs out and buys AE and Hotbodies cars immediately after the race, when the B,C, D, E mains were flooded with a ton of Mugen and Kyosho cars.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think I don't get it.So,basicaly in a better version of the World Championship there should be various tracks let's say one of each IFMAR block while competing for the world champion title for 2 years on those tracks?I think there are 3 IFMAR blocks so a World Championship race every 8 months on a different location because a good driver has to drive on clay/dirt/astro/concrete/wood/turf/blacktop/rocks/water while is raining or snowing or under the blazing sun right?After all we're competing for World Champion.Am I right?

Last edited by 30Tooth; 09-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Pretty much, yeah.
More like Formula 1. At least a series of races, so it's pretty darn obvious who the world champ is.

Wouldn't it stink if F1 was just one race and Lewis Hamilton wrecked have the field on the first lap? And then the world champ ended up being some chump like Grosgean or Maldanaldo? (sp?)

Noone can argue that Vettle isn't the World Champion of auto racing right now. He proved it over and over again at multiple events.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
Dakotah Phend all the way! The kid was the fastest at the Nats this year, but made a few too many mistakes. He has the speed, generally finishes all his races, now just a little bit of luck and that WC trophy will come to Michigan!!!
That's what I'm talking about Edwin. It's only a matter of time before it happens. So to all the naysayers, its like the Matrix. Which pill do you what, the red or the blue one...
Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

Originally Posted by JQ
Thats how its supposed to be but Ifmar lack balls. Shame really.
I agree. I thought that was the reason why the races were in different places around the world, to make things a bit more level. oh well. If you are going then good luck to you sir. I always enjoy your videos and how honest you are. Pretty cool.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Dakota is really fast, he will be a contender in the Worlds.!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.