Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 worlds

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
It's probably not the same for people who are from Canada and the US.

Let me give you a short briefing.
You have to first go online and pay $30 in order to get a ESTA approval, there you have to answer a bunch of questions like "Have you been a terrorist" or "Are you a part of an organized crime syndicate", "have you got a police record" - it's not always easy to discern what they consider significant in that regard.
Myself I have nothing on record, but other people have been disqualified for traffic incidents and such where they have been to court over excessive speeding on the motorway and had two weeks in jail because of that.

Then when you arrive in the US you have to stand in line for two hours before you reach a very offensive and insensitive individual who photographs you from the side, and then from the front. These are then placed "on record".

You then have to place your hands on a glass plate, where they scan not only your fingerprints but your entire hand and palm prints, these are then placed "on record".

The insensitive person then proceeds to give you the third degree interrogation.
They ask which places you intend to visit. If you are unsure where you intend to go, for example if you are not so interested in tourism, but just intend to hang out in Miami for a few days, that's not satisfactory and you are disqualified. You actually need to name a bunch of touristy places like the statue of liberty and the golden gate, if not you are on the next flight home.
They then proceed to ask if you have money. If you don't have 1500 usd in cash, you might be on the next flight home.
They'll have a bunch of questions lined up in order to give you a hard time, I could go on all day.

It's not at all pleasant, and you shouldn't belittle the argentineans, in fact from what you guys have described, it's less of a hassle than it is for me going to the US from Europe.
Yes, you could go on all day about the silliness of the TSA, but that's not the same thing as blatant monetary rip-offs.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
but we still get a receipt... LOL.. which is proof of purchase/ paying...
LMAO...........good point.

I think Maifield is going to take it this year. He has had a hell of a season this year.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Yes, you could go on all day about the silliness of the TSA, but that's not the same thing as blatant monetary rip-offs.
If you ask me, its a lo esyer to go to Argentina. Get a visa, go on plane. pay off customs, fine

usa: all what Eivind said and when you go to the gate flying, some homo molests you, if not, Hertz car rental is over there...

JK, LOL