Servo swap

Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Servo swap

Can I swap the servos around in the Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 Pro? The steering servo is Ace RC s2008mg and the throttle and brake is Ace RC s1903mg

By doing this I should end up with a stronger brake system?

Cheers in advanced
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Those servos aren't very good at all. 41oz/in is insufficent for steering. You're car likely wouldn't turn at all..

I strongly recommend spending the $26 and buy decent servos (the ones below). Since you're just bashing, you don't need $100/ea servos.
http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...hd-1501mg.html
Old 08-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

I'm an unashamed cheapskate when it comes to RC, but in my experience and opinion, servos are the one area where spending more really makes a diference. Good servos are.................... really good and really do enhance the whole experience of running your RC, generally in proportion to how much you spend(unlike, IMO, most other areas.. Cheap engines for ex. can be great if set up right, etc..) So yeah - what he said - spend a bit more.. The S2008 is the stock steering servo for most of the 8th scale Associated RTR cars. I have one in my SC8 right now, and it's OK. But I want a Savox 1258 for it soon - or if I can find a deal, better yet an ACE DS1015 or Hitec 7955... The best value for a steering servo btw is the Hobbico servo from Tower which is a rebadged Hitec 5955.. Titanium gears, etc.. Will outlast your RC - maybe, as in my case, several of them..