Look what i found :-)!!! >

Look what i found :-)!!!

Look what i found :-)!!!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Look what i found :-)!!!

Hey guys,

So I don't know if anyone has already posted it or not?? But upon looking for a sc8 I stumbled upon this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z--Mj...e_gdata_player

What are your guys input?? To me i would like it as a roller and do my own stuff to it. Well enjoy..
Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It already has a discussion thread on it.

Also, you can get it in roller form.

It's essentially an SCTE with the Ten-T power plant and a redesigned, water-proof radio tray and water-proof filter assembly.

I'm currently planning to switch my Ten-T over to this since it doesn't seem like the Ten is going to be around much longer.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

its awesome if your a losi guy. good luck.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BIG RICK RR View Post
its awesome if your a losi guy. good luck.
Horizon sucks.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoryD View Post
Horizon sucks.
Doubt it. I've used their products dozens of times no problems. My scte is better than any 4x4 sc out there and is probably the most durable shortcourse out there. You obviously havent done business with them if you think that. You go keep breaking you fragile durango and associated trucks. If you're gonna hate at least have a good reason behind it.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I can see Nitro SC class blowing up. If it does, i will get one. The Losi is the best SC on the market, but dang they are junk. Seems like the entire drivetrain is worn out after 2 weekends of racing. I'll wait for someone to build an SC that's meant for racing. Hopefully we see something from Xray soon.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
I can see Nitro SC class blowing up. If it does, i will get one. The Losi is the best SC on the market, but dang they are junk. Seems like the entire drivetrain is worn out after 2 weekends of racing. I'll wait for someone to build an SC that's meant for racing. Hopefully we see something from Xray soon.
i've been racing mine for the past 6 months on the same driveshafts. Yes, the pins do wear into the driveahafts after some hard running but the wear isn't very noticeable. I put the lightened hd outdrives on mine and those i can tell you will never have wear or notches in them. If you're worried about the drivetrain, tekno makes a complet driveshaft kit for less than $100.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Doubt it. I've used their products dozens of times no problems. My scte is better than any 4x4 sc out there and is probably the most durable shortcourse out there. You obviously havent done business with them if you think that. You go keep breaking you fragile durango and associated trucks. If you're gonna hate at least have a good reason behind it.
I have to second the Horizon Sucks, Yeah the losi is beefy, but if you can drive the SC104x4 is the truck to have, yes if you get hacked it might break, but that's no fault of the driver. It's just a superior platform. I make no boes about it, the losi is very very durable, but it's also based on a heavier platform, really just a factory conversion of sorts where the sc10 was designed from the start as a 1/10th 4wd sc. Now me myself, I actually run an even more fragile sc, it's based on a streched B44, and as fas as handling goes, I think it's even better the the SC104x4.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flipside6900 View Post
I have to second the Horizon Sucks, Yeah the losi is beefy, but if you can drive the SC104x4 is the truck to have, yes if you get hacked it might break, but that's no fault of the driver. It's just a superior platform. I make no boes about it, the losi is very very durable, but it's also based on a heavier platform, really just a factory conversion of sorts where the sc10 was designed from the start as a 1/10th 4wd sc. Now me myself, I actually run an even more fragile sc, it's based on a streched B44, and as fas as handling goes, I think it's even better the the SC104x4.
When it comes to workability the sc10 is probably the worst designed platform out there. Seeing how many things you have to take apart just to get to the thing you need is outrageous. The scte is a better platform on a wide range of track conditions. The sc10 really only does well on small, tight indoor tracks. The sc10 is just to twitchy and is just nervous to drive. The scte is very forgiving and like to be driven to the limit. My friends that switched from sc10's to scte's commented on how much easier it is to drive the scte.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Actually, I think Cory does have his reasons for posting that..he's not just some Joe-schmoe keyboard cowboy, he's a very seasoned racer and a fast one at that..he's not someone I would call a 'hater' either. I also think that he means dealing with Horizon can be a PITA at times, so relax buddy..
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

I am sure not everyone has the same experience, variables such as the person on the other end of the phone and call volume could play a factor, my expereince with HH has been A++. I'm new to the hobby and dont know a ton about my new nitro kit yet, I was having issues getting it started, I called Horizon hobby product support on a Sunday afternoon, I used their call back feature and within 20 minutes has a product support guy call me back. a 5 minute conversation/trouble shooting and he had new parts sent my way free of charge. I have no experience with any other R/C company tech support but Horizon took care of me well enough that I wont be looking at other companies any time soon.