Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Help me! What truggy? >

Help me! What truggy?

Help me! What truggy?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Default Help me! What truggy?

Mugen MBX6TR

Serpent 811T

Durango DNX408T
Arivera7 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I think I would go Mugen and I drive an AE so thats an unbiased opinion.
PTP Racing is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
  #3  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Flip a coin thats all i can tell you ! All three of them are good.

I also drive a AE Truggy so you know.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 AM
  #4  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Flip a coin thats all i can tell you ! All three of them are good its just of what you can afford and the support for them which the mugen has the most out of the other two.

I also drive a AE Truggy so you know.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
  #5  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

They are all great truggys. The Mugen does break. I drove one for 8 months and I broke several arms. At med events 120+ entries I always pull at least 1 broken Mugen off the track due to a broken arm. They handle great I just wish they would fix the brittle arm deal.

I haven't driven the Durango but it looks great on the track. Personally I drive a Serpent. On that list I would go Serpent or Durango.
Frank L is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 12:41 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
They are all great truggys. The Mugen does break. I drove one for 8 months and I broke several arms. At med events 120+ entries I always pull at least 1 broken Mugen off the track due to a broken arm. They handle great I just wish they would fix the brittle arm deal.

I haven't driven the Durango but it looks great on the track. Personally I drive a Serpent. On that list I would go Serpent or Durango.
+1... i dont drive truggy anymore but would say Mugen does have an issue with the arms and you gotta drive/land perfect for them not to break. I actually passed on a free MBX6TR because of my lack in driving skills...

Seeing the serpent truggy out of the box it looked plush and handled well.
Durango looks sweet and from what i saw, can take a beating. Just ask for tips on their thread when building.
go4broke is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
  #7  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Default

thanks friends. is true that a new model comes serpent.
Arivera7 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:08 PM
  #8  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (61)
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,779
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Arivera7 View Post
thanks friends. is true that a new model comes serpent.
serpent for me!! serpent will update there truggy in about a month.. only updates will be the same as what the buggy got.. jeremy
J.Whiting is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
  #9  
Suspended
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)
Default

I have heard from those who have the serpent that they really like them. We have a sponcered serpent racer at our local track in Michigan and he said they are a little tricky at first to set up but when you figure it out they rock. I run D8t and he really has nothing on me! I hold my own and actually finished the race. The serpent guy flamed out a few times. He said to get sponcered by serpent they made him run a certian engine. By the end of the day he was breaking the rules if you know what i mean....lol
alwayswin is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM
  #10  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (61)
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,779
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by alwayswin View Post
I have heard from those who have the serpent that they really like them. We have a sponcered serpent racer at our local track in Michigan and he said they are a little tricky at first to set up but when you figure it out they rock. I run D8t and he really has nothing on me! I hold my own and actually finished the race. The serpent guy flamed out a few times. He said to get sponcered by serpent they made him run a certian engine. By the end of the day he was breaking the rules if you know what i mean....lol
in our contracts we all have different things.. there is a clause stating if you have issues you can use another engine to finish race day.. i see alot of racers not using the correct gear all the times.. it happens.

yes a tick tricky at first but if you go to serpent.com you can fine alot of good know setups to get you started off on the right foot.. use team guys have spent many many hours gettings setups good for all serpent owners to use.. download a few and start there..
J.Whiting is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 10:04 PM
  #11  
Suspended
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
in our contracts we all have different things.. there is a clause stating if you have issues you can use another engine to finish race day.. i see alot of racers not using the correct gear all the times.. it happens.

yes a tick tricky at first but if you go to serpent.com you can fine alot of good know setups to get you started off on the right foot.. use team guys have spent many many hours gettings setups good for all serpent owners to use.. download a few and start there..
That sounded a bit defense of. Lol...,not putting them down by no means. They are a awsome built car! Everything they make is built tbe best for sure!!!
I would love to own one but price take is to high for me. Not that they are over priced. Just to expensive for the average club racer. I make a big race maybe 2 times a year. Ill continue winning with my budget freindly D8T.
alwayswin is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
They are all great truggys. The Mugen does break. I drove one for 8 months and I broke several arms. At med events 120+ entries I always pull at least 1 broken Mugen off the track due to a broken arm. They handle great I just wish they would fix the brittle arm deal.

I haven't driven the Durango but it looks great on the track. Personally I drive a Serpent. On that list I would go Serpent or Durango.

Did you ever boil your arms? Boiling is supposed to make the arms way less brittle. This wednesday i'll be running my mugen mbx5t for the first time ever. Gonna run it and see what breaks. I'm a pretty good driver but i do occasionaly have my spills, if an arm breaks the next set i'll boil em. The thing is that if you drive in really cold conditions the arms can actually become more brittle than they were before boiling. I've heard the 5t is pretty durable and i've only heard of the arm breaking issue on the 6t.

Last edited by Rockthecatbox21; 07-27-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 PM
  #13  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

If you want the nicest truggy, get the team durango DNX408T, if you want something not as nice as it, get one of the other ones.
chopper82p is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:21 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chopper82p View Post
If you want the nicest truggy, get the team durango DNX408T, if you want something not as nice as it, get one of the other ones.
Looking at your signature, you don't own any of the three truggies listed. Why should you be the authority on which is nicest? Unless you've seen them all in person side by side, you really can't know for sure.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 AM
  #15  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Looking at your signature, you don't own any of the three truggies listed. Why should you be the authority on which is nicest? Unless you've seen them all in person side by side, you really can't know for sure.
lol, I have seen them and I drove DNX408T and the mugen. The DNX408T really is a nice truggy, drives nice, looks incredible..
chopper82p is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.