Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Drag Racing Truggies >

Drag Racing Truggies

Drag Racing Truggies

Old 08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by low_dakota94
Just noticed they discontinued the lrp bump start .28, well that sucks lol. But you may also consider the novarossi plus 28-7t. It's a beast when modded.
The Losi 454 in a Losi 8T 2.0 RTR is the same - except the venturis with the carb. It is though an LRP Spec 3 with closed backplate.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I run my 2wd slash every weekend. My slash is in the 2.2-2.3 range on 2s lipos so im gonna try to get it in the 2.0's on 3s if i can control it and keep traction. So far I'm really liking the electics for the simplicity. The truggies still make an occasional appearance. I ususally bring the fast one with me in case a fast truck shows up or someone is talking smack lol. I actually just made a few changes and lightened the truck a little more so I'll be testing it this weekend if the weather holds out.
So are all of these numbers factual and did you run these numbers on a timing system? Are is all of this some more Internet lies. It's a a good thing I'm not the type to just go off what a person says and do my own research before I make purchases.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Pretty one is in the 2.6's and the one with the lrp is in the low 2.4's.
So are these numbers for the Truggy even factual. I really started this thread for hardcore RC Enthusiats that gave out the truth about their vehicles. I knew these numbers are really good but not too good to be true. But are these numbers concrete or abstract?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kpjr7321
For starters you dont have anything in your stable that will run 2.2-2.3 including those old ass drag cars you have. Also you have never ran a 2.4 consistently with your buggy and i know that for a fact. When you were out there trying to run and I do mean trying - there wasnt a timing system only a homemade light system that simply went from red to green. Stop with the internet lies. You are gonna steer someone one down the wrong path of spending useless money thinking they can out run a jato in 132ft here in New Orleans. The truth is you have never entered into a tourney behind Lowes (where we race) bc you know those jatos we got are on a whole nother level. We have the same power that you would put in a truggy but we have for a way to land it. Behind Lowes it "run what ya brung" so us being scared of running electric cars is a flat out lie. Infact we want to ran anything that electric has to offer. I see your going electric now - what a cop out. Im nitro for life.

To the guy who started this thread, keep pushing on with your idea. As a drag racer in this sport we always think outside of the box. I have seen one of the guys with a truggy run a consistent low 2.5 with low mph (50). Early on he would make it to the finals and sometimes win but in the last two years jatos and electric trucks has surpassed him. He tried to add a two-speed and run 2wd but with no success. he couldnt get the 60+ mph and low ET the jatos get. As for you Nutty, You know where we are located every Saturday. As my boy Black would say. "If you stay ready - You won't have to get ready" Holla!
So you personally know this guy and he has never ran these numbers? Also does he even come out and run at all?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOCK_DOWN
So you personally know this guy and he has never ran these numbers? Also does he even come out and run at all?
Yeah I know him. The only truth he has told was that his truggy runs 2.6 and its a shelf queen. It has never been on the timing system we run and to my knowledge we are the only ones using a pro tree 400. This guy talking about reducing rotating mass and fail to address the heaviest thing on his truck - the tires. There is no way in hell that truck would see a 2.4. The sprung weight is too heavy. There was a guy who this guy copied from to build that truck that may have ran mid 2.5 but thats from pure eye sight judging. there was no timing system. Truth is there hasnt been a twin titan monster truck out there for years bc That guy has switch that truck to electric years ago. I so wish this guy would bring those big ass slow trucks out there. He knows it would be a massacre. if he wants to complete he needs go girly electric or get a jato. The problem with the jato is that we have done so much RD to get them to run 2.4-2.3 that he still wont have a chance without someone taking him under their wing. The first problem he have would have is trying to figure out how to keep from braking that transmission shaft. That along with discourage anybody. R&D in any application is what sets you apart from the rest
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

First off not nutty, and your right about our crappy timer but if it's turning 2.4's on a hand timer then it's probably in the 2.5's on a pro tree so I apologize. I was just trying to help and I know what the jato's in the east are capable of I haven't been asleep. I never said they were afraid to run electric just most nitro guys prefer to run nitro guys. With this ill leave it alone. Sorry I you think I steered you wrong just trying to help.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

First off not nutty, and your right about our crappy timer but if it's turning 2.4's on a hand timer then it's probably in the 2.5's on a pro tree so I apologize. I was just trying to help and I know what the jato's in the east are capable of I haven't been asleep. I never said they were afraid to run electric just most nitro guys prefer to run nitro guys. With this ill leave it alone. Sorry I you think I steered you wrong just trying to help.
Really??? A hand timer? Thats a joke. More like a 2.6 on a real light. Dont get me wrong your help is very much needed and I think you should offer to help just dont fabricate infomation thats simply not true. Please give correct info thats all. You would have someone thinking you are running those numbers on a real timing system. I have seen this all too much. People go into forums seeking accurate info only to be told something thats has no real R&D behind it. I have been doing this type of racing for many years and I have been part of many forums. Some info is bs and some is good but you will never know unless you do your own R&D. For instance on this site years ago and still today you would here JP on-road engines are the fastest out there. All the drag racer would rush out to go spend $700 on an engine only to get whipped by a stock Nova R1. Why? bc the JP exhaust timing along with other factors is too high and this engine lack the grunt from a dead stand still. Dont get me wrong those engines are fast but not for what we do whereas the R1 or Kangaroo's timing is more suited for dragging. So we as drag racers visit these sites only to find info that would be applicable to our application....So you know about the EAST huh?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

I know y'all got the jato's dialed lol. Never been but I here rumors of 65mph passes. And again I'm sorry about the whole numbers thing but the info I gave as far as setup would be a good baseline to work from. That's what uncle d will tell you to start with and he is not one to steer you wrong.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Lol..Its all good. Uncle D was the man. I do like your willingness to help others though.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah he helped me with everything he could and only with his help do mine run like they do. I aw just trying to do the same. Guess one night I'll have to bring my truck out and find out it only runs a 2.8 lol. I'll delete everything but my opinions so as not to mislead up and comers.