Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
TrakPower Speed Wash Cleaner & TrakPower Speed Prep Detailer, your review... >

TrakPower Speed Wash Cleaner & TrakPower Speed Prep Detailer, your review...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrakPower Speed Wash Cleaner & TrakPower Speed Prep Detailer, your review...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TrakPower Speed Wash Cleaner & TrakPower Speed Prep Detailer, your review...

Anyone tried TrakPower Speed Prep Detailer and TrakPower Speed Wash Cleaner before? What is your thought on this combo to clean your buggy. How about Losi Nitrotec Spray Cleaner ?

I know most of you guys using SimpleGreen but I can't find them in my country. Tried calling the representative but no one answer the call. So got to find other alternative.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Anyone tried TrakPower Speed Prep Detailer and TrakPower Speed Wash Cleaner before? What is your thought on this combo to clean your buggy. How about Losi Nitrotec Spray Cleaner ?

I know most of you guys using SimpleGreen but I can't find them in my country. Tried calling the representative but no one answer the call. So got to find other alternative.
The Trakpower stuff is really good, just make sure to WD-40 your bearings afterwards. Water and bearings dont mix.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tried the detailer, worked decent. Still prefer good ol lemon pledge and an air hose
Old 04-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

I've been using the Speed Prep and get good results with it. Spray it on cleaned parts and let it sit for a minute or two. Blow it off with a compressor. Makes it look like new. Worth the money, IMO.

Got a bottle of the Speed Wash but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Been using Simple Green for cleaning thus far.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've been using the Speed Wash for a few years now (it's the re-branded O'Donnell Speed Wash, now that OD and Hobbico split).

I really like it. Cleans the crud off quickly, and can be blown off with a compressor for "trackside cleaning", or put on thicker for cleaning with a rag or brush at home after a race.

Last edited by Stubbs; 04-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Simple Green is much better in my opinion and a lot cheaper! Not impressed with any of it to be honest. Simple Green and WD-40 is all you need!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been using the Pink stuff for 3-4 years now. Simple green works but this stuff just blasts through dirt like there is no tomorrow. For at home cleaning I use the green mostly but for at the track cleaning its the Pink stuff all the way. The prep stuff (blue) does leave a nice shine on everything and dirt doesn't stick to it like some other stuff.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drstrangelove

Im using mr muscle. Can get frm ntuc or shng song.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Speed wash same as bicycle wash?

Is trakpower speed wash the same product as finish line bicycle wash? I am wondering because if it is I am going to start buying gallons of it instead of speed wash by the liter. If not someone who has a bigger budget should try it. Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

Ive been using the detailer and i love it, makes it looks brand spankin new.