Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho buggy - need help. >

Kyosho buggy - need help.

Kyosho buggy - need help.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho buggy - need help.

Hi everyone. Need some help here. I'm picking up a buggy soon and it's believed to be a Kyosho Ultima RB. It is nitro.
I know very little about this model but, it needs a few things. Battery pack, fuel tank, body, and probably some new wheels/tires. Tank leaks a little, and the tires are about shot!
I'm having a hard time finding parts for it and didn't know if there was a specialized place to get parts for these. Or if some parts from other models would interchange to make it easier.
I'm mostly looking to bash with it and maybe hit up some tracks from time to time.
Any help or input on this would be great. I will also try to post some pics sometime soon.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Cool

i may be wrong bro but the only ultima rb I know is electric not nitro . but u can go to amain hobbies or ebay or infernos only.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I will try to get a couple pics up. It matches up to a lot of pics and parts from the Ultima but, I'm having a hard time pinning it down. My guess is this rig is about 10+ yrs old.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Ultima RB is a nitro 2wd buggy if I recall correctly,never went mainstream so the next RB was solely EP.Found a parts list so good luck.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replys guys! It looks like it is an early Ultima RB Sports. I am not able to upload pics right now.
I looked at the parts list and a few others. Most parts are unavailable because there isn't much out there.
I'm gonna probably patch the tank or throw one on from an on-road car like the 4tec that has a low profile design. It looks like a proline buggy body will fit and and I will probably just put new dirt tires on the old rims.
Might be up for sale at a later date who knows. I will try to post pics again when I have it and have time to get some parts for it.
Thanks everybody!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default vtg kyosho nitro ultima

i just recently purchased a nitro ultima myself, finding out it is on the rarer side, not hen's teeth but not widely recognized either. mine came all together w/ tx and rx just missing one of the hub pins to locate the wheel. got it for a song, hope the engine isn't too wollered out, hope to bring it back to its former glory. its funny to me 10-15 years is considered vintage in the rc world, i restore vintage motorcycles that are 40-80 years young for a living, my 'new to me' harley is 14 years old and i feel like its barely broke in lol.