Originally Posted by Rboesen1
Which one to buy?
What are your criteria?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rboesen1
Which one to buy?
All your ganna get by asking this is "FANBOYS". There is no exact answer, neither is better its prefrence. Go off what you like as far as looks pretty much and the biggest is local support and hobby support etc. If your ganna race, race the truck that more race there locally so you have a heavier support as far as help, set up and maybe even parts if you break and they have it. Here in California no one runs the Serpent cars so i were to go Serpent i would be LOST. I have owned a Serpent buggy but never gave it a chance because it was the newest edition and i fried so many servos on the first gen just getting engine to brake in. They fixed all those issues now and the truck loos awsome and there solid. But so is the Mugen vehicles. As far as asking others which to buy I would go 6t because i've been running Mugen products for a long time now with no complaints. I dont race truck but i have ran a friends a couple of times. It was very fun just not my cup of tea. With that said go with what you like most it all comes down to driver style aswell. It doesnt seem like 2 cars would make you faster or slower but once you go from one to another you notice almost instantly if you feel better with that car. Go to your local tracks, scope out the trucks and see if people have both brands there. If so ask to try a lap, most people don't mind as long as you respect the equipent. Talk to them and see if maybe even one of these days if that would be a guy you would race with and maybe even travel with so you got the same products to help each other out. I race with a good amount of guys and travel with them. Were all running either Agama or Mugen so its nice when one of us is in need. hope this all makes sence and spelling isnt to bad lol.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Flip a coin to see

Thats how close they are.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Flip a coin to see

Thats how close they are.
You haven't owned either of them so you can't answer this
Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Wow, now this is a though one. The 6t is awesome. I had very good results with it. I did drive a buddies 811t for a tank or so and it was very good as well. I say flip the coin.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bkuff-losi
You haven't owned either of them so you can't answer this

Did i say ive owned ethier one no im just saying that any truggy is competive these days from the companys who makes the racing truggys.

Depending on the driver of course.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Well mugen decided to ignore the 6-T's issues in the new model so Serpent is your choice.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I have had both and despite what all the Mugen fan boys will tell you the 6t does break arms and mugen refuses to come to the conclusion that there is a problem with the design of the front arms even tamiya fixed the arm issues with the 801xt and tamiya could careless about 8th scale off road. The serpent is a great truck and is very reliable and nimble truck that does not break, the only downside of the serpent is the way the body mounts behind the rear shock tower and puts a lot of stress on the body at the rear and will cause it to crack but there are ways to fix that problem so if I was gonna buy one of these 2 it would have to be the serpent
Old 05-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

it must have been a certain run of mugens that had the problem. I ran mine all season last year and never broke a arm. But mine wasnt a mspec. Mine was the kit version, dont know if it matters or not
Old 05-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Both truggys are at the front possibly the mugen has an easier
Parts access especially on eBay also take a look at the new kyosho
Might be another option aswell? Cheers
Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

The early run of Mugen front arms were too light and broke easy, Mugen did a running change and beefed up the arms.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slider30250
The early run of Mugen front arms were too light and broke easy, Mugen did a running change and beefed up the arms.
They're still not strong enough Vic....

Randy Cooper and I both broke arms on our 6T's at the Pit this weekend. I used to think it was due to cold weather, but it was 90+ degrees, and neither of us took really hard hits.

Luckily mine was during practice, and I caught it before it broke completely (crack started right at the droop screw boss). Randy unfortunately lost his in the main while he was in third place.

At least I got the better end of his breakage.....I was right behind him, and got the final podium spot.

Last edited by Stubbs; 05-27-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont drive either car at the moment. I have driven both cars. They both handle great.
But from what i see at the track the mugen does still break front arms a lot. And the should take out shares in a bearing company if you buy a serpent.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stubbs
They're still not strong enough Vic....

Randy Cooper and I both broke arms on our 6T's at the Pit this weekend. I used to think it was due to cold weather, but it was 90+ degrees, and neither of us took really hard hits.

Luckily mine was during practice, and I caught it before it broke completely (crack started right at the droop screw boss). Randy unfortunately lost his in the main while he was in third place.

At least I got the better end of his breakage.....I was right behind him, and got the final podium spot.
I know Mike, they are not completely bullet proof but no arm is. The two newbies I have been helping out have so far have broken arms/shock ends/rod ends on their Losi's. The thing to keep in mind with any truck or buggy that is right against the bottom limit on weight is something had to be built out of light weight thin material and as a result parts do break more often. I have replaced more arms on my Mugen from just plain old wear than I ever have due to breakage. If as a driver you tend to hit things alot then you need to keep in mind that you may have to replace part's more.

Take care Mike, if you race at Cape Fear on June 23rd ill probably see you there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.