RC Crew Chief

Old 02-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just downloaded the demo and set up a model for my Spec-R R2. Took me forever to get the measurements right. Once I had it sorted out I messed with the setup changes and the dynamic part. It was interesting to watch how at certain points in a corner I could see where I was getting snap oversteer, and the results of the changes I wanted to make to correct it. This program is pretty sweet.
Unfortunately I think the free trial has some bugs. I kept getting all sorts of errors when trying to save a chassis or when recalling it. I even lost the measurements for the entire model. I've been told the full version doesn't have any hiccups like that and runs flawlessly. After seeing what this program can do, I'm seriously considering buying it. Very very useful tool!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masher81 View Post
I am racing a NB48.
Sorry for the slow reply. The real world caught up with me.

I don't have a model for the NB48 but there is one for the EB48.2. That would be a good starting point. The image below shows the numbers for that model.
That model would certainly be a good starting for a NB48 model. Suspension should be the same or very similar. The total weight and CG location would be different and need to be adjusted.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EB48.2Setup.pdf (94.8 KB, 124 views)
Old 02-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Butler02 View Post
I just downloaded the demo and set up a model for my Spec-R R2. Took me forever to get the measurements right. Once I had it sorted out I messed with the setup changes and the dynamic part. It was interesting to watch how at certain points in a corner I could see where I was getting snap oversteer, and the results of the changes I wanted to make to correct it. This program is pretty sweet.
Unfortunately I think the free trial has some bugs. I kept getting all sorts of errors when trying to save a chassis or when recalling it. I even lost the measurements for the entire model. I've been told the full version doesn't have any hiccups like that and runs flawlessly. After seeing what this program can do, I'm seriously considering buying it. Very very useful tool!!!
Should probably move this discussion in the on-road thread. Nitro offroad guys probably don't want to listen to this. Any way the trial version and full version are the same so you probably did something wrong. Can easily happen when you edit an existing model instead of creating a new one. I can certainly have a look at your model if you want to email it to me. Just export it from the "Car Manager" and email it to [email protected]
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oops!! Sorry! I didn't see which section this thread was in, just that it was about RC Crew Chief. If I remember, I'll email you my file in the morning. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masher81 View Post
I am racing a NB48.
Masher,

Message me with your email address. I'll send you the NB-48 car file for RC Crew Chief.

Bob, I'll send you a copy as well for your download section on the website.

Jim
Old 02-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by vwduud View Post
Masher,

Message me with your email address. I'll send you the NB-48 car file for RC Crew Chief.

Bob, I'll send you a copy as well for your download section on the website.

Jim

Vwduud can you send me a copy as well, I would really appreciate it. Pm send.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Tekno NB-48 model is on the website. Nitro model section is at the bottom of the page.

http://rccrewchief.wrightdesign.ca/OffRoadDownload.aspx
Old 07-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

It's taken a long time coming and took a staggering amount of effort but the just released RC3 Version 4.2 now has damping simulation included. Now you can see how oil viscosity, piston holes, temperature, shock position.... affects chassis response. This is one of the most misunderstood and difficult to comprehend subjects in setup. Now there is something that can turn on that light.

Big thanks to icecyc1 for sharing his Shock Dyno test data with me. Real confidence booster to know the model agrees with real world testing.

Check out the Youtube video for a brief intro.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW View Post
It's taken a long time coming and took a staggering amount of effort but the just released RC3 Version 4.2 now has damping simulation included. Now you can see how oil viscosity, piston holes, temperature, shock position.... affects chassis response. This is one of the most misunderstood and difficult to comprehend subjects in setup. Now there is something that can turn on that light.

Big thanks to icecyc1 for sharing his Shock Dyno test data with me. Real confidence booster to know the model agrees with real world testing.

Can you up load the rc8b3 nitro model for me.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kakenballs View Post
Can you up load the rc8b3 nitro model for me.
The only way I can create models is if I can borrow vehicles from local racer's or alternately other users create models and donate them to the online library. Unfortunately it's unlikely I will be able to get my hands on a RC8b3 certainly not for a while.

The good news is if you have digital calipers the program is setup so you can create your own models. You would start with one of the existing 8th scale buggy models as a base, measure your vehicle and then alter the dimensions to suit. Just takes a little time and some disassembly.If you Open the “Chassis Manager” and click on one of the Measurement Sheet buttons you can see what information is required. Lots of other users have successfully built models. There is a series of Videos on the website that goes through the process of measuring and creating a model for a AE B44.2. I can offer support via email to help you through the process if you decide to give it a try.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

This program looks promising!
Finally we will get out cars dailed without a lot of try and error at the track. We can make an educated assumption and start to tweak the car in the right place and expect to see some improvements in our setup. Of course we still need to know what we want from the car but it is more efficent when you can start to wrench on the right things instead of wrenching and see that you made a correction in the wrong way.

It would be nice to be able to run this on a tablet or similar, easier to bringa to the track.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Runs great on windows tablets. I have a cheap 8" tablet that I run it on at the track.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BobW View Post

Bob running a split piston. A 1.2-1.3 8 hole would I enter that as a 1.25 ?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rbrownsr View Post
Bob running a split piston. A 1.2-1.3 8 hole would I enter that as a 1.25 ?

Thanks
So if the piston hole configuration is 4x1.2 plus 4x1.3 then yes you want to get the total area the same so 8 x 1.25 would be the right way to go.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Another update has been released with a few bug fixes and some small improvements. Doesn't seem to matter how much testing that's done there are always a few bugs that sneak through.

All 92 models on the website have also been updated to include generic steering and shock/damper models as a minimum. This should make it easier to explore the new features.

Also uploaded a couple new buggy models, JQ White Edition LV and Intech ER-14. Thanks to Markus and Swith Racing for contributing. Lastly three new 13.5T Brushless motor models have been added, Trinity 24K, Fantom FR-1 T and Fantom FR-1 M

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.