Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT ARE THEY ACTUALLY RUNNING??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default WHAT ARE THEY ACTUALLY RUNNING??

I wonder if they hide what they're running from eachother? lol smh, cause it sure seems like they hide it from us......... have u seen a close up Pic of any top guys buggy?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

standard stuff

Old 06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

How do you know what pistons he's running. How do you know what's in his gear box's. How do you know what special compound tires he is running. How do you know what engine internals he is running. Is the fuel he is using what's on the self? How do you know.

Chances are most if not all of these things are things we can't get. There is a reason he is a paid professional driver. He is paid to test and try new things for them to put on the cars to be sold to us. And not everything makes its way to us. Reason being is it didnt work.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Of course they hide us few things.

Pro racers are part of R&D and they often test new parts otherwise we will stay racing buggies of the 80s!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

They get paid because they are the best at what they do and the things you have mentioned such as pistons and diffs are not gonna really make any body any faster and most of the parts they test are on there at big races so they are not hiding it. The motors I don't think are much different from what you can buy, they test different parts in the motor just like they do on the buggy and just because the motor is modded or faster than what you can buy doesn't make you go fast these guys have been doing it for years and they practice alot and they know how to really tune a motor and get the most out of it
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 PM
psr
Tech Regular

omg omg did you see that hes not using kit body pins jeez man what crock lol

seriousley guys i see theses post all the time and i for one are hoping the pros are using diffrent bits, why well so i dont have to buy three diffrent shock pistons to find they are all crap.

secondly unless your consistanty is better than .30 you wont benifit from theses bits so go and practise dont be a name brand racer be your self
Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Looks like a new front bumper being tryed.. a lot rounder and should be better at not digging in like the factory one now does and its to soft.
also he runs a lot of Geah stuff on his car but dont blame him as its kickass stuff.
Plus he is running the old wind stay at the back.
He is also running a protek steering horn which is longer(but other shot shows std..oh 1x is truggy and other is buggy ) as I tryed to run one and they rub on the battery box but I see he cuts his out..wonder how long before we see a factory modified box ..and of course the KHZ engine mount..thats all i can see.

Last edited by malcnz; 06-11-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
He is also running a protek steering horn which is longer(but other shot shows std)
center pic is the truggy
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by imaxx21
center pic is the truggy
yeah i know i just edited my post
they might be Losi discs as well..just put some on mine but havent tryed them yet.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
standard stuff

thanks for the post, that's exactly the car i wanted to see, was talking with a fellow racer yesterday who runs ae and we brought up the question, wonder how close his buggy is to factory, looks pretty factory!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

jconcepts black jacket tires
Old 06-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
How do you know what pistons he's running. How do you know what's in his gear box's. How do you know what special compound tires he is running. How do you know what engine internals he is running. Is the fuel he is using what's on the self? How do you know.

Chances are most if not all of these things are things we can't get. There is a reason he is a paid professional driver. He is paid to test and try new things for them to put on the cars to be sold to us. And not everything makes its way to us. Reason being is it didnt work.
Engines and fuels can't be tampered with... All Nova drivers i know for a fact have factory sealed engines.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone noticed the C & D Block? GHEA parts are on there. There are other things if you know where to look. You won't notice unless you have them side by side. The little things make a difference. I for one can feel slight changes. You would be surprised. Little changes can make a big difference.

Would love to help them test and develop products.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Engines and fuels can't be tampered with... All Nova drivers i know for a fact have factory sealed engines.
I am not saying he tampered with them. All I am saying that lets say Nova had a new engine internals and wanted there factory drivers to test it. Same case and head. How would we know from a picture like this?? Truth is we don't. Only the select few Nova guys would know.

And with fuel. Again not saying Mayfeild or any driver does stuff to there fuel. Say Sidewinder has a new brew to try and instead of making a whole new bottle for just him they put it in the standard jug and lable. No logical way of us knowing when he grabs that jug. Only the select few guys know.

Who knows maybe the car is bone stock, but I would put my money on there is quite a few tricks we don't know about.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think every "Pro" driver out there does a little something to try and give them an edge out on the track. Sometimes it's using parts that are available (Tessman's D8 comes to mind). Other times it's something that the Driver does on their own (Masami and Kinwald come to mind for that). Add in any one off parts that they might be R&D'ing at the time and there's something special on there for sure. You just amy not always be able to see it.

In this case,
Mayfeild's buggy is probably pretty close to kit form, just maybe not 100%. I suspect that may be the case for many of the "Pro" drivers.

Now the truggy may be a different story all together. It's not as updated as the buggy, so I'd think there could be more stuff on there. I'd be willing to guess that truck has all of the RC8.2 parts they can use on it. Which if it's a part that can be used on there to make the truck a little better, then why not do it. I'd just like to know if they are using RC8.2 parts on there, which exact ones? That would be pretty helpfull to those that may want to use the same parts on theirs.

As for egines and fuel? I don't look at that too much. I'd say most of the time the top drivers are probably using what most of us can get. There are times when they're not and I don't care that much if they do. Reason being is that at some point that new mill or fuel blend, if it's good, will eventually make it's way out to the market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.