Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 ifmar 8th buggy worlds???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2012 ifmar 8th buggy worlds???

Hey all: I may be nitpicking here ,but I know ifmar has to work around the schedule of other big events and whenever the dates for an ifmar event are all the top racers will go. My only thought is why would they schedule a big event so far away from home for many so close to the holidays? Also any chance that the fast growing 8th E-buggy class will get an ifma worlds event? Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey all: I may be nitpicking here ,but I know ifmar has to work around the schedule of other big events and whenever the dates for an ifmar event are all the top racers will go. My only thought is why would they schedule a big event so far away from home for many so close to the holidays? Also any chance that the fast growing 8th E-buggy class will get an ifma worlds event? Thanks
1) If you're 100% serious about going to the worlds and qualify for your representative country, I'm sure the travel expenses and calendar dates will not be a major concern.

2) E-buggy is simply "too new" to be a worlds class. Heck, ROAR decided to combined the class with the current 10th scale nationals because of the lack participation from last years electric 1/8th nationals. Don't get me wrong I love E-buggy and I prefer it over my nitro car anyday, however the industry isn't pushing the class on a Pro/Major event level it seems like.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My only thought is why would they schedule a big event so far away from home for many so close to the holidays?
Uh, you DO realize that it's an INTERNATIONAL competition, right? Meaning that it's going to be "far from home" for over 90% of the drivers, no matter where it's held.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

lol..maybe he think that its like the "World Series" in Baseball....calles World but is an US only event.

Brasil is a lot more further away from europe..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man, just wasted a minute of my time reading this... and another minute typing this

Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Most of the world class drivers is there job to race. Schedule is fair and its a big deal. Makes no sence why you would ask. But the worlds is 1/8 nitro buggy 1/10 e buggy and 4x4. There is a TEKIN WORLDS thats has 1/8 buggy nbut no official roar worlds and never will be as far as i can see unless nitro is ran off by state reasons which i dought. They schedule races where they are bought they don't choose the official track the track who pays most gets the worlds. So there schedule isn't exactly roar and it is the WORLDS not all racers are from u.s. Hara from HB is from Japan and won 2008 worlds....
Old 06-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Most of the world class drivers is there job to race. Schedule is fair and its a big deal. Makes no sence why you would ask. But the worlds is 1/8 nitro buggy 1/10 e buggy and 4x4. There is a TEKIN WORLDS thats has 1/8 buggy nbut no official roar worlds and never will be as far as i can see unless nitro is ran off by state reasons which i dought. They schedule races where they are bought they don't choose the official track the track who pays most gets the worlds. So there schedule isn't exactly roar and it is the WORLDS not all racers are from u.s. Hara from HB is from Japan and won 2008 worlds....

ROAR Worlds no such thing! IFMAR is the international committee consisting of ROAR, FEMCA, EFRA, and FAMAR. If I'm not mistaken, every worlds is held at a different Bloc 2008/ROAR(USA), 2010/FEMCA(Thailand), 2012/FAMAR(Argentina), and 2014/EFRA(Italy).
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
ROAR Worlds no such thing! IFMAR is the international committee consisting of ROAR, FEMCA, EFRA, and FAMAR. If I'm not mistaken, every worlds is held at a different Bloc 2008/ROAR(USA), 2010/FEMCA(Thailand), 2012/FAMAR(Argentina), and 2014/EFRA(Italy).
My fault i was mixed up it was lil late i ment ifmar.............Needless said my point was made weather i put roar by mistake. Im not sure how it gos but i know the worlds is bought and the highest bidder wins it. It may be at a block but as far as track choice its by who wants it.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

I dont care. I rather race, than deal with "the holidays"

IFMAR World Championships Electric Buggy
ROAR Bloc - Location: TBA Dates: TBA

Old 06-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by token
I dont care. I rather race, than deal with "the holidays"

IFMAR World Championships Electric Buggy
ROAR Bloc - Location: TBA Dates: TBA

2013 Electric buggy worlds (10th scale not 8th scale) will be held at silver dollar raceway in norcal..