Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho Light blue Springs. What's the spring rate? >

Kyosho Light blue Springs. What's the spring rate?

Kyosho Light blue Springs. What's the spring rate?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
metoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Light blue Springs. What's the spring rate?

I'm looking for the spring rates of IF250-714 and ISO106-814.

I google searched this board with "light blue" +"spring rate" + kyosho site:http://www.rctech.net/forum and other search methods and criteria on this board, other boards, and the general internet and have not found the answer. If I had the springs in hand, I could come fairly close to getting the information. I prefer to know without having to purchase them first. If you know, please share the wealth. Thanks
metoo is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belleville, MI
Posts: 4,524
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Kyosho doesn't label the rate. and I don't think anyone on here has sent them to a independent testing lab to confirm whatever rate it may be.
nv529 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,678
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
I'm looking for the spring rates of IF250-714 and ISO106-814.

I google searched this board with "light blue" +"spring rate" + kyosho site:http://www.rctech.net/forum and other search methods and criteria on this board, other boards, and the general internet and have not found the answer. If I had the springs in hand, I could come fairly close to getting the information. I prefer to know without having to purchase them first. If you know, please share the wealth. Thanks
2.65 lbs
o.s. power is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
metoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Kyosho doesn't label the rate. and I don't think anyone on here has sent them to a independent testing lab to confirm whatever rate it may be.
All ya need in a scale, a washer larger than the OD of the spring, and some calipers for a very close result. I have all 3, but I don't have the springs.
1) Measure the thickness of the washer.
2) Set the caliper to an inch + the washer thickess and lock it.
3) Place the spring on a scale and put the washer on top of it.
4) Zero the scale.
5) Place the depth-checker-thingy-end thru the washer and spring and push the caliper down until the depth-checker-thingy-end touches the top of the scale.
6) Record the reading.
7) Repeat a few times to check for human error.


Originally Posted by o.s. power View Post
2.65 lbs
Thanks. Where did you get that from? Also is that for both? I know that with Associated for the RC8.2, springs of like color have different rates for front and rear, e.g. silver front = 4.3, silver rear = 3.55.

Last edited by metoo; 06-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.
metoo is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 390
Default

does anybody no the spring rates for the dark blue, light blue and light green all fronts fronts?
av4625 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

on the rear light blue spring my chart shoes 3.5 lbs as well.
donrod is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 AM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

shoes = shows
donrod is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM
  #8  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
metoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by donrod View Post
on the rear light blue spring my chart shows 3.5 lbs as well.
What chart? Gimme!
metoo is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 390
Default

yea wat chart but i said fronts?
av4625 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by donrod View Post
on the rear light blue spring my chart shoes 3.5 lbs as well.
My bad I show the rear light blue at 3.04 in/lb the ft light blue at 4.50 in/lb. Sorry I dont have a complete chart just those were tested
donrod is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
metoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by donrod View Post
My bad I show the rear light blue at 3.04 in/lb the ft light blue at 4.50 in/lb. Sorry I dont have a complete chart just those were tested
Is this a chart from test you personally conducted? Please share the chart. Stop making me beg.
metoo is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 AM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,016
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Is this a chart from test you personally conducted? Please share the chart. Stop making me beg.
I say throw them on and love how the car drives after the spring change,I heard the kyosho springs are magic
kman16jr is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 02:19 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Is this a chart from test you personally conducted? Please share the chart. Stop making me beg.
as I said I dont have a complete chart I only had the blues tested.
donrod is offline  
Old 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
  #14  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2
Default Chart

Here is a link to the Kyosho springs:
infernosonly.com/Kyosho_Big_Bore_Shock_Springs_Light_Blue_Short_70_ p/kyoif350-714
SvenNor is offline  
Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 PM
  #15  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Is this a chart from test you personally conducted? Please share the chart. Stop making me beg.
moto775 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.