Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 Buggy Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/8 Buggy Opinions

Hi everyone,

I live in Turkey and I'm planning on buying a new 1/8 buggy. There aren't many hobby shops in Turkey and the only hobby shop which has spare parts is the distributor of hot bodies. Thats why I'm planning to buy a hb d8 hara. It would be hard for me to find spare parts for them but the kyosho mp9 tki3 and X-ray xb9 look really fast and reliable. What would you suggest? Which buggy should I get?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kaano97
Hi everyone,

I live in Turkey and I'm planning on buying a new 1/8 buggy. There aren't many hobby shops in Turkey and the only hobby shop which has spare parts is the distributor of hot bodies. Thats why I'm planning to buy a hb d8 hara. It would be hard for me to find spare parts for them but the kyosho mp9 tki3 and X-ray xb9 look really fast and reliable. What would you suggest? Which buggy should I get?
I think I'd go with what u can easily get parts for. I think all the buggies r very capable
Old 06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I agree get what you can buy parts for. I had a d8 and it was a nice buggy.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

My Hotbodies D8t is a turd. Soft plastic, no adjustability or adaptability, spits out hinge pins every day, bulkheads strip easy. If they would have used threaded hinge pins, instead of 1/10th scale style capture screws and washers, that car would be much better.

The D8 parts quality deosn't even come close to Xray/Mugen/Kyosho. My D8t deos run well, but I'm extremly limited in setup. Nowhere near enough suspension travel for really nasty tracks. Soft plastic.

Get the Xray XB9. They have a plenty of Euro drivers and setups on thier website, and that car is tough and finally has as much suspension travel as it's competitors.

My Xray buggy would destroy my D8t truggy in a demolish'n derby, and likely still be in good enough shape to still compete. You won't need many spares, and internet dealers ship parts to Turkey just fine. Xray is a Euro based car, someone in that area has to have parts ready to ship.

The Kyosho is allways a safe bet.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 06-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.