R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Just got my fist 1/8th scale buggy, any suggestions? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/633177-just-got-my-fist-1-8th-scale-buggy-any-suggestions.html)

mberta2 05-30-2012 12:13 PM

Just got my fist 1/8th scale buggy, any suggestions?

I have been racing my Associated SC10 for a month now. I am hooked on racing. I just purchased an Associated RC8. This is not my first nitro vehicle, but it is my first nitro race vehicle. What tips do you guys have for me i.e. setup tips, tricks, or upgrades. I have a new steering servo already, Savox SC-1256TG, and I will be using my Airtronics M11 transmitter, but thats it. Any help would be appreciated.

truggyracer97 05-30-2012 12:26 PM

I'd put the os .19 on there.

RCmayor 05-30-2012 01:06 PM

I don't think I would recommend a 400+ dollar engine for the first one.

Ruune 05-30-2012 09:17 PM

Agreed.. I would suggest a fusion x3 or an arrow GTR

smelly62 05-30-2012 11:21 PM

I reckon go to the RC8 thread;)

Nitro$junkie 05-31-2012 01:39 AM

Novarossi 21+4 $215 Houstons Engine Service your set to dominate

mberta2 05-31-2012 01:29 PM

I guess I didnt specify. Sorry. I got the RC8 RTR, so I will run the Associated engine this year than came in the buggy.

Sylvain 05-31-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by mberta2 (Post 10802795)
I guess I didnt specify. Sorry. I got the RC8 RTR, so I will run the Associated engine this year than came in the buggy.

Stock RC8B RTR engine is a .28... Double check your track rules

tmgkbass 05-31-2012 05:19 PM

I have the same buggy. It's the RS right ? The only thing i've done with mine is paint up a body for it. On my second season with it and this sucker kicks A$$. I have a Werks B2 and hitec servos for it , but don't want to fix something thats not broken.

JoePit 05-31-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by mberta2 (Post 10802795)

That's what they all say :) Save yourself the aggravation and just order the engine and servos now. Enjoy your new ride bro! Running 1/8 Nitro Buggy/truggy is by far the most adrenaline filled class out there.

racarb 06-01-2012 06:07 AM

Run the stock set-up and learn how to drive the car. There's no point in getting some guys set-up when you are still learning. You need to know how the car drives and handles before looking at other changes to the car.
The set-up out of the box will be perfect for most tracks while your learning.

mberta2 06-01-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by racarb (Post 10805552)
Run the stock set-up and learn how to drive the car. There's no point in getting some guys set-up when you are still learning. You need to know how the car drives and handles before looking at other changes to the car.
The set-up out of the box will be perfect for most tracks while your learning.

Thanks. I think I will do that. I am going to swap out the steering servo since I have suck a badda$$ servo sitting here.

Frank L 06-01-2012 07:55 AM

Practice practice practice. And learn how to use your remote to adjust some of the bad driver habits out (steering speed, throttle curve) a simple radio fix can be huge on the track. But practice and look at what your car is doing or not doing and make a setup change, 1 at a time but make a big change so you can feel it on the track. You bought a rtr for a readon, get it on the track and drive it. Dont try to fix what isnt broken. AE is one of the few cars that I haven't owned but spend some time in the rc8 thread, you will learn a lot.

Nice to see a SC guy come to nitro. :cool:

polarbear72 06-01-2012 02:05 PM

That same car was my first and still my backup car. They come with a few flaws. The .28 Pro that it comes with is a strong engine, but it loves fuel and some tracks won't allow it. I'd get a good .21 like a Werks B2 or B6. After that, replace the servos. U have a great Savox, I'd get another Savox for the throttle/brake. Then I'd change the wheel nuts for locking nuts, they bite into the plastic wheel and really hold on. You've got a good radio. I also recommend a Associated FT antennae holder. It will lock the tube n. Mine kept coming out and the wire was chopped n half by the out drive. I'd also take the diffs apart and make sure they're full. Mine wasn't from the factory. Other than that, run the stock setup and tune from there. Its a really great buggy and its still very capable of winning against any of the newer buggies. Just put n plenty of wheel time