R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AE RC8.2 vx HongNor X3 Sabre which one ? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/632573-ae-rc8-2-vx-hongnor-x3-sabre-one.html)

Hartw 05-28-2012 03:39 PM

AE RC8.2 vx HongNor X3 Sabre which one ?

Dear all, I want to ask all your opinion on those two fine buggy ? Which one is better in terms of handling + durability ? I usually a Kyosho fans but wanna try some other brand which are more reasonable priced.
Thanks all.

SureShotImages 05-28-2012 04:31 PM

Have no experience with the X3, but I love my Rc8.2. Wonderfully kit that handles great. The x3 doesn't strike me as being on the same level as the AE buggy

tc5 man 05-28-2012 05:28 PM

If your racing and want track support and parts i would get the RC8.2 for sure.

associatedguy25 05-28-2012 05:32 PM

2 guys i race with race the x3 and i race the rc8.2 i love my 8 parts for it always are aval and they always have to order parts no shop or track carries parts for that buggy hands down ae is the way to go

-R2- 05-28-2012 11:19 PM

I can't say we have the best name like AE but the Sabre has been working very well, you would be surpirized on how good it handles and how easy it is to drive, yesterday at the Pro-line race we had all X3's either race their way in to the A-mains for thier classes or qualify good. It's a new buggy and has some new updated looks to the current buggies on the market and so far guys that have driven one say they have been impressed. Yes Ae parts avail but so are Sabre parts thorugh Nitrohouse.com if you need something right away for the weekend.

offroad dude 05-29-2012 03:50 AM

If you want to be adventurous get the X3, however, if you want a buggy that will be fast out the gate with tons of support get the 8.2. Nothing is more fursturating than being lost and always chasing a setup...Just my $0.02

jewn_beef 05-29-2012 05:50 AM

Here is my. 2 cents as far as support that depends where u live and race in socal area there is always a x3 at the track as well as ae. As for handling i have driven both of them the ae is very twitchy loose in back end very aggresive car needs the 10th scale type smooth driver. The x3 is the opposite very stable can hammer it around the track and it stays planted in back.dependi.g on your driving style one of those two styles should work for u both cars have upgrade and option parts to make them drive how ever u want them to drive.
i like the second post in this thread where ut was stated that he had no experience with x3 but it was not on same level as ae
That is wrong yes ae has been around for long time and the hongnor is new do not let that stop u from getting one they are great cars and catching on witj drivers everywhere.

Chris Reilly 05-29-2012 09:48 AM

The AE car can be made stable and locked in.

occidio 05-29-2012 12:22 PM

Hongnor is not new, the x3 is. But det x3 is a joy to drive.. I came from losi driving in the pro series in my contry and I'm happy with my switch.
EA good car but neither better nor worse than hongnor in my opinion

offroad dude 05-29-2012 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by occidio (Post 10793600)
Hongnor is not new, the x3 is. But det x3 is a joy to drive.. I came from losi driving in the pro series in my contry and I'm happy with my switch.
EA good car but neither better nor worse than hongnor in my opinion

What part of Denmark are you from? I go to Aalborg all the time for work.

occidio 05-29-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by offroad dude (Post 10793624)
What part of Denmark are you from? I go to Aalborg all the time for work.

64km from Aalborg

offroad dude 05-29-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by occidio (Post 10793646)
64km from Aalborg

Is there a track out there. I might have to fly with my stuff next trip. I'll be back again in 3 weeks.

Chris Reilly 05-29-2012 02:02 PM

2 me the AE is a better product and a proven track record.

railer80 05-29-2012 02:09 PM

Jq the car, yellow edition. Best support out there as far as the company goes. Parts might need to be ordered though depending on your local shops.

Herrsavage 05-29-2012 02:13 PM

I have an RC8.2 and am a big Associated fan. But I'd have the X3 in a heartbeat.

It's ALL about set-up and driver skill afaic anyway.. As for choosing between these particular two, as has been said, get whichever more guys run locally wherever you happen to be, what you have better support for, etc.. Or, just flip a coin. All the top brands are good...