Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
AE RC8.2 vx HongNor X3 Sabre which one ? >

AE RC8.2 vx HongNor X3 Sabre which one ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE RC8.2 vx HongNor X3 Sabre which one ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
IMHO... there are 3 major brands that stand out, they are Associated, kyosho and mugen.

they are the brands that have the "most consistant" results over time.

There is a current brand filled with "fan boys" and we all know who they are, but results are only showing that every now and again are they are the top. but ill leave banana a-arms to someone else.

Hotbodies are looking good when they have a new tessman version
only cause they r the 3most established brands with the best drivers the world has to offer.........some cars are just as good or better but will we ever see a tebo or two ryans wheel it??? NO i remember tebo running a big race with a loner car that want kyosho, and he cleaned everybodies clock.......run what u like there all capable of turning the laps needed to win...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes but they've also been the "brand" that everyone says is easyer to drive etc.

tebo come to kyosho and become one of the best drivers... he sucked with the odonnel..

but think for a minute... the pros have influence on what happens design wise... some have better ideas then others but still look whos on top.... mugen kyosho and AE have been around forever... and thats because theyhave made the best of the best for that long or they wouldnt be around.

a good example of all this is durango... most of their drivers that were pro just couldnt go any faster with it.
kyle mcbrides dad said that the kyosho was the best car they had driven(this was before he was actually sponserd by kyosho)
Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wouldn't say the big brands are the best of the best.. rather more trashy than the newer brands, in particular Kyosho
they have the money and the drivers to make results
but above all, they play it safe all the time..
still most, have had parts, arms or towers that wear and break with average drivers, even after 3-4 years with the same model !
I don't understand why people tolerate that big brands with their resources, don't get that fixed right in a wink, like the newer brands can
nor seem they to be able to make a decent/different mould for a batterybox aso, within a few monts, when needed..

For the rest, the Losi 8 was a brillant design, but parts are known to use real quickly
Xray 808 quality was always ok, but the arms and chassis did wear and bend easily,
and the 808 bulkhead bearing system was a struggle for years for 80% of the drivers, luckily now they are back on track

Last edited by speedy2; 06-13-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
yes but they've also been the "brand" that everyone says is easyer to drive etc.

tebo come to kyosho and become one of the best drivers... he sucked with the odonnel..

but think for a minute... the pros have influence on what happens design wise... some have better ideas then others but still look whos on top.... mugen kyosho and AE have been around forever... and thats because theyhave made the best of the best for that long or they wouldnt be around.

a good example of all this is durango... most of their drivers that were pro just couldnt go any faster with it.
kyle mcbrides dad said that the kyosho was the best car they had driven(this was before he was actually sponserd by kyosho)
Ae easy to drive i have never heard that in my parts of socal where i run i have owned one and yes it could turn fast laps but for me very inconsistent.
The x3 is new and made by ofna so people dont think its good but you are all wrong the car is very good but without a big name driver to wheel it in the states it will prob. Never get noticed. Make no mistake the car is good i am one of many who think so my top 10 laps at this past weekends race were on pace with the top 5 laps of the nitro challenge open class winner so i know the car is capable know i just need to learn how to drive more consistent all rigs are good in the right hands.
The guy who started this thread slready chose ae and i am sure he will enjoy it if it does not fit him i hope he tries the hong nor next
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

+1
the X3 is top 3 stuff but still young

Last edited by speedy2; 06-08-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

Every car model is good in the right hands. One person will enjoy and do well with one car over another. Test driving cars at the track can give someone an idea but seeing that car is set up to the owners driving style,if the tester doesnt like it because of that setup,he might not buy it.

Ive enjoyed my X3. Ive raced the Hyper 8.5,9 and now HN X3 and all were solid cars for me. I have a friend that races the AE car and its a tank because he isnt the cleanest of drivers. But my X3 has been tested and held up as well to the abuse Ive given it.

Sadly,Ofna and its brands do not get the credit they deserve at most tracks and from most drivers. Its long overdue for sure and will come someday. But until then,those of us that drive it will be more then happy to prove people wrong.

As for parts. Not all shops can stock all parts for every car. Ive seen some that only carry parts for 2 or 3 cars. No matter what brand you go with,chances are you will have to go online to order items at some point. Nitrohouse.com and AMainhobbies.com are your best choices when it comes to replacement and upgrade parts.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Back in the day wasn't Adam Drake driving a Jammin x1 buggy and winning with that before Losi 8 came out. So I believe the X3 is very capable of winning.