R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   throttle technique (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/627716-throttle-technique.html)

oldscool 05-11-2012 07:53 PM

throttle technique

Do all racers fan the throttle when getting on the gas?

Teufel Racing 05-11-2012 07:59 PM

I'd guess no, but there are many that do.

Really can depend on the track (layout and ditr type), motor, pipe, clutch setup. Amongst many other things

Mark K 05-11-2012 07:59 PM

If by "fan" the throttle you mean gradually role on the throttle then yes. That's how I get on the throttle just about all the time.

DHooter 05-11-2012 08:10 PM

i think he mean continuously stab the throttle i hear so many people doing this and really dont understand it

coming through a corner all you hear is ( blap, blap, blap, blap, blap) with no gradual roll of the throttle the entire track.

oldscool 05-11-2012 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by DHooter (Post 10722564)
i think he mean continuously stab the throttle i hear so many people doing this and really dont understand it

coming through a corner all you hear is ( blap, blap, blap, blap, blap) with no gradual roll of the throttle the entire track.

Yeah whats up with that?

Franchise 05-11-2012 09:17 PM

That's a must. Great thottle control is one of the characteristics that's seperates amateurs from pros.

That blip blip blip is can be annoying. There are always a couple of drivers that do this at the track. I usually hear them coming. Blip blip blip, " here comes the throttle stabbing dude." Haha

I plan on testing out some traction control on my radio this weekend to see if it actually makes it easier.

Integra 05-12-2012 06:18 AM

Brap brap brap, As he goes Flying by you as your Sitting there Loading up your motor Trying to be "Smooth"

Watch any 1/8 Pro Event, Nitro Challenge, Silverstate, 1/8 Worlds....Blipping the Throttle is part of the game weather you like it or not.

oldscool 05-12-2012 06:26 AM

So the blipping is the proper technique ?

Teufel Racing 05-12-2012 06:50 AM

Won't exactly say proper, but rather the norm for a lot of nitro racers,

I find myself doing that with the nitro. Some places more than others, but trying to drive a nitro like an elec. usually doesn't work too well, though there are times when you can get away with it.

markkris 05-12-2012 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 10723535)
Brap brap brap, As he goes Flying by you as your Sitting there Loading up your motor Trying to be "Smooth"

Watch any 1/8 Pro Event, Nitro Challenge, Silverstate, 1/8 Worlds....Blipping the Throttle is part of the game weather you like it or not.

+1
all depends on how you want the car to react in that particular corner. feathering the throttle is needed when driving smooth through a corner. blipping/stabbing is helpfull when sliding/drifting through the corner.

oldscool 05-12-2012 06:58 AM

I was thinking it was like traction control, but
it is done to keep the motor from loading up?

Teufel Racing 05-12-2012 07:08 AM

Some of both,

Lots of factors involved. Kind of is what it is type thing. You'll find yourself doing it without even knowing it sometimes. LOL

Semple 05-12-2012 08:04 AM

Basic centrifugal clutch in the most rudimentary single-speed driveline imaginable.. The blip is just enough RPM to slightly engage the clutch, allowing you to "drive" through the corner. The difference between good and bad throttle control is knowing how much of a blip is the right amount. Too much and you'll understeer as your weight transfers off the front wheels, or you'll oversteer as the power unloads. Either of which is what most inexperienced drivers do while attempting to replicate what they hear fast guys doing

strngdze 05-12-2012 09:03 AM

This is a pretty old vid, but it demonstrates the technique pretty well because he's the only one on the track for a bit.

Here's one of the best in the business "Blipping" the throttle...

Mike Truhe @ the Nitro Pit 2008...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Franchise 05-12-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 10723535)

You are correct sir. What I'm refering to is far more excessive that what i see in the videos.

The video of who ever that is, is normal. To me it is anyway.