Wiki Posts
Search

New Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New Truggy

Hello everyone,
I am just starting to get into the hobby and was looking to show what ive done so far and ask for any advice.

I received a Losi Ten-T 1/10 Truggy for my first nitro car.
I actually got it as a gift, so I am looking to learn and make my mistakes through growing pains in the truggy before I get into a different car.

After getting it home and reading up on the truggy I broke it in with the following process.
3 tanks idle...
1 tank at 1/4 throttle...
1 tank at 1/2 throttle...

After breaking in the truggy I went ahead and replaced the glow plug just to be safe...

I ran about 10 tanks in the backyard just plain around in the wet dirt after it had rained...

I then pulled it apart and started to clean it...

I put it back together and everything runs great and its an awesome truggy thus far...

As of now I am looking to do some upgrades.
I put in an order today for some parts...

Xtreme Racing Xtreme Brake Disk.
Xtreme Racing package of two brake disks are constructed of blue carbon fiber and replaces stock aluminum brake discs.

Integy Billet Machined Front Lower Arm
Integy Billet Machined Rear Lower Arm

Integy Billet Machined Wing Mount

I was looking for a little info on what regular maintenance should look like. What needs to be oiled, lubed, cleaned, etc.

Any advice on future upgrades or tips for a beginner would be awesome.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i have the same truggy and love it. I havent had mine as dirty as yours . the only thing i've really done was added 17mm wheels.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Stay away from aluminum a arms. Total waste unless u want blind and only doing speed runs. Also I seen urnother thread,Brie spektrum telementry isnterrible and ur heat sensor is terrible. I advise a temp gun and remove the speed and heat gauges. There wrong and alway just make u do circles.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Stay away from aluminum a arms. Total waste unless u want blind and only doing speed runs. Also I seen urnother thread,Brie spektrum telementry isnterrible and ur heat sensor is terrible. I advise a temp gun and remove the speed and heat gauges. There wrong and alway just make u do circles.
Why do you say to stay away from the arms?
What is blind?

Im confused on what you are talking about in regards to the spektrum system.
I can't really understand what your post says.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I also have a question that I ran into today and just remembered.
The front brake pads that came stock on the Truggy really burnt up quickly.

I have the carbon fiber pads on order, but I noticed something as I ran laps with the front pads needing replacement.

When the Truggy is idle it moves. It no longer sits still at all while idling.

Is this because the idle is set to high, or is the idle dependent on the front brakes to stay stopped?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PBLRDom
Why do you say to stay away from the arms?
What is blind?

Im confused on what you are talking about in regards to the spektrum system.
I can't really understand what your post says.
Oops lol on my phone I ment bends and bling. The aluminum bends really easy blastic will flex. The aluminum is a no go for rc other then for looks. Any one will agree. Maybe check out rpm arms they make blue plastic arms that are guranted a life time.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

I do believe he meant bling...and he's right. The aluminum stuff for the most part just isn't worth buying unless it's a part that breaks often.

As for the radio, he saying to remove the Spektrum temp sensor as they are not accurate and use a temp gun instead.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Idle is to high or throttle linkage is open a little to much. Try adjusting carb gap or idle. Carb gap can be done on radio and idle by tune, sometimes ur engines will idle high lean or if to high idle, also high idle causes temps to go higher from constant rmp being high.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Oops lol on my phone I ment bends and bling. The aluminum bends really easy blastic will flex. The aluminum is a no go for rc other then for looks. Any one will agree. Maybe check out rpm arms they make blue plastic arms that are guranted a life time.
Ok sounds good, thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by jonski
I do believe he meant bling...and he's right. The aluminum stuff for the most part just isn't worth buying unless it's a part that breaks often.

As for the radio, he saying to remove the Spektrum temp sensor as they are not accurate and use a temp gun instead.
Interesting. Wonder why they would put a sensor in that isn't accurate?

Idle is to high or throttle linkage is open a little to much. Try adjusting carb gap or idle. Carb gap can be done on radio and idle by tune, sometimes ur engines will idle high lean or if to high idle, also high idle causes temps to go higher from constant rmp being high.
I think that the tune needs to be running a bit richer. Im going to take a look at that on my next outing. That might also explain why the truggy is running a bit hot.

How exactly do you adjust the idle speed on one of these guys?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

are those stock wheels/tires?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by etivac13
are those stock wheels/tires?
yes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First Time I saw one of these I was Marshaling at my local track and one flamed out right in front of me I bent over to pick it up and it started and took off.(never seen that before.lol.).
I was like What the.
Pretty awsome little truggy and they go pretty hard to..
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Trugsta
First Time I saw one of these I was Marshaling at my local track and one flamed out right in front of me I bent over to pick it up and it started and took off.(never seen that before.lol.).
I was like What the.
Pretty awsome little truggy and they go pretty hard to..
Yah the R.O.S.S. setup seams to be really cool!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PBLRDom
Ok sounds good, thanks for the advice.

Interesting. Wonder why they would put a sensor in that isn't accurate?

I think that the tune needs to be running a bit richer. Im going to take a look at that on my next outing. That might also explain why the truggy is running a bit hot.

How exactly do you adjust the idle speed on one of these guys?
I best bet would utube nitro engine needles to Lear them. The top end needle is the needle facing up on carb with the goldfish crown on it and bottom end is on throttle slide of carb, idle gfnerally is on carbs center stick out just slightly. A tuning tip is tune by hits like a clock onecfull turn is 24 hours. All it takes is a hour to make a large difference. Also a way to check tune is light throttle to mid on trigger is bottom end and half to full is top end. Look for a nice light stream of smoke from start to stop, generally if h have this with no high hanging idle once u go from high rpm to stop and no bogging.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry for typing lol it's a pain on cell but it's not that hard to get knocked off track I hope lol sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.