Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RC scoring pro question >

RC scoring pro question

RC scoring pro question

Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default RC scoring pro question

We are new to the software and I have a few questions.

1. Does it automaticaly run heats like qualifiers? What I mean is, does it start each persons times different then the main time clock, so that they get their full run, or does it run everyone off of the same clock in heats? I can't find any options to setup when it starts running peoples 5 minutes for mains or heats. Obviously you want everyone starting at the same time for mains, but the heats should start you when you cross the line.

2. Also what is the difference when you setup a class between choosing staggered and time?

3. And how do the bump ups work? If you have say 10 racers in a class, and want 2 bumps from the B to A main, with a 6 racer Amain, you would need 6 racers in each class. 6 qualifying for the B and 4 qualifying for the A with 2 people moving up into the A. The problem is when you go to setup the mains int he heat/main setup tab, it won't let you put 6 B main racers and 6 A main racers because there are only 10 people in the race, but really 2 of the amain racers are coming from the B main to make it 6.

I have the class setup with 6 Amain racers, and 6 Bmain racers with 2 bumps, but when I do the setup mains option it puts 4 in the first Bmain racer and 6 in the A main race, instead of the other way around, then run the B and bump 2 up to A amain after the B race.

I hope I explained this OK.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is this a licensed version?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Questions 1 and 2 are basically the answers to each other.

You set your Qualifiers up as staggered. Mains are automatically set to time, unless you are doing a special laps race were you only run a set number of laps. You have to set each individual class up for all parameters. but once you get one class setup just use the copy feature to fill in your other classes(much faster) Also Anytime you change anything you have to hit the "save changes" button!

As far as bumps, again under each class, "# of drivers"(left column) A-main 4 drivers, 6 Drivers B-main, Bump Ups - 2

That would put 4 drivers in the A-main, the remaining 6 in the B and bump the top Two from the B to the A.

It seems daunting at first but RC Pro is by far the best scoring system. Playing around with it and learning what does what, all in all it gets pretty easy
Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

We've now been using RC Scoring pro for the last six months and we are also extremely happy with how reliable and user friendly it is.
I do have one question though, do you know if you can print out in the results of the race - Overall average lap time or deviation, rather than top 5, 10 laps etc
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Is this a licensed version?
It's a second hand version we got when we bought the timing system.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
Questions 1 and 2 are basically the answers to each other.

You set your Qualifiers up as staggered. Mains are automatically set to time, unless you are doing a special laps race were you only run a set number of laps. You have to set each individual class up for all parameters. but once you get one class setup just use the copy feature to fill in your other classes(much faster) Also Anytime you change anything you have to hit the "save changes" button!

As far as bumps, again under each class, "# of drivers"(left column) A-main 4 drivers, 6 Drivers B-main, Bump Ups - 2

That would put 4 drivers in the A-main, the remaining 6 in the B and bump the top Two from the B to the A.

It seems daunting at first but RC Pro is by far the best scoring system. Playing around with it and learning what does what, all in all it gets pretty easy
Thanks.
What about setting up the timing for the event? How do you set it so everything is on a schedule, so that you have 5 minutes before the next race starts, and then 20 minutes in between each round, and then maybe 30 minutes in between the last heat and the first main, and then back to 5 minutes between each main?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis View Post
Thanks.
What about setting up the timing for the event? How do you set it so everything is on a schedule, so that you have 5 minutes before the next race starts, and then 20 minutes in between each round, and then maybe 30 minutes in between the last heat and the first main, and then back to 5 minutes between each main?
There is a setup that you can set the default time between races(sorry dont' have the program in front of me so I don't know exactly where it's at), that runs once you click run races the clock starts. That little popup has check boxes to auto start the clock, auto start the race when timer runs out etc. You can also add or take time away from the clock on the same popup menu. As far as in between rounds, I don't think there is a way to auto time between rounds, you would have to manually do it. If you were set to 5 min between races if you wanted a 20 min break you have to manually add time to the clock then let it count down. Same with mains, annouce a 30 min break then once mains are set up start the clock up with how much ever time remains.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bevofrancis View Post
We are new to the software and I have a few questions.

1. Does it automaticaly run heats like qualifiers? What I mean is, does it start each persons times different then the main time clock, so that they get their full run, or does it run everyone off of the same clock in heats? I can't find any options to setup when it starts running peoples 5 minutes for mains or heats. Obviously you want everyone starting at the same time for mains, but the heats should start you when you cross the line.

2. Also what is the difference when you setup a class between choosing staggered and time?

3. And how do the bump ups work? If you have say 10 racers in a class, and want 2 bumps from the B to A main, with a 6 racer Amain, you would need 6 racers in each class. 6 qualifying for the B and 4 qualifying for the A with 2 people moving up into the A. The problem is when you go to setup the mains int he heat/main setup tab, it won't let you put 6 B main racers and 6 A main racers because there are only 10 people in the race, but really 2 of the amain racers are coming from the B main to make it 6.

I have the class setup with 6 Amain racers, and 6 Bmain racers with 2 bumps, but when I do the setup mains option it puts 4 in the first Bmain racer and 6 in the A main race, instead of the other way around, then run the B and bump 2 up to A amain after the B race.

I hope I explained this OK.
Purchase the National 20 car version from scoring pro so you can have all the updates and product support...
www.rcscoringpro.com
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great program! We just started using it. The only thing I wish they had was a more extensive user manual. That would be a plus.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Iv been racing rc for 13 years and the only program that don't work as good as rc scoring pro is j lap, the only reason that tracks are buying scoring pro is the same people that own it own's live rc and the only program that will work with live rc is rc scoring pro. My local track has the latest software and all the other stuff that goes with it and we have about started a war over the stupid stuff rc scoring pro does I have never liked it but it is a little better then it was when it first came out but I would not buy it myself after having to deal with all the problems that come with it like trying to explain something that you can't find an answer for. I think it suck's compared to some of the older programs that we have had.