Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us >

Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho mp9 tki3 VS Mugen mbx6r us

Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
At least Kyosho owns up to the issue and sends replacement parts out to their customers for free. I don't see Mugen shipping arms out cause they got a bad batch of plastic...
I can blame them for my driving. During practice I push my abilities. I cant blame a car for what i do to it. If breakage worried me, I'd buy a new duratrax.
When I raced motocross I broke real arms to.
E
Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
It may be wise to also add the Xray XB9 to this conversation.

I just finished building one. They fixed all the bugs the 808 had. Better shocks, way more suspension travel, adjustabe hinge pin bulkheads, and olde fashioned normal reliable pinion gears. (the direct pinions were sweet and light, but fragile and hard to shim)

RTR mine weighs 7.0 pounds.
Why add the XB9, it is a copy of the Losi 8ight 2.0. They race Xray in Vietnam and they are selling them as fast as they are buying them. My Losi turns much better and flies better than the xb9. I also have the US spec Mugen, I am faster with my Losi than with the Mugen but I am more consistent with the Mugen, but I am a new driver I have only raced 4 times and have less than 1 year total in RC. I like both cars and all are about equal, the Losi and the Kyosho are both old platforms with mods they are still winning races, the new US spec Mugen won on fuel mileage not on being a better car, the other versions were faster than that of the European champion, so once again it goes to driver, setup and pit strategy.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

This discussion came out of proportion !
Each pulling toward his interest, in this case that the car he driving...
Stop engage in meaningless nonsense, Both are great cars no matter what you chooses.

flip a coin and choose one...
Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adir
This discussion came out of proportion !
Each pulling toward his interest, in this case that the car he driving...
Stop engage in meaningless nonsense, Both are great cars no matter what you chooses.

flip a coin and choose one...
Sure they're both good. But these two cars are very different. Different to wrench on, and they feel way different on the track.

I'd read each thread for each of these cars and the XB9 thread before buying either.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

At least Kyosho owns up to the issue and sends replacement parts out to their customers for free. I don't see Mugen shipping arms out cause they got a bad batch of plastic...
Crap, the only problem they have owned up to is the recent outdrives problem and that was only because there are no "option parts" for it, plus it was blatently obvious it was yet another balls up.
Did Kyosho ship arms to the masses who broke the old MP9 arms????? No it was only after they realised that if they were to have any chance of winning the 10 worlds on the brutal Thai track that they made improvements.
I love the K car but I'm in Aus so where does that leave me with the outdrives??
Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone already boiled the Kyosho ams, to see if that solves the problem...?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smelly62
Crap, the only problem they have owned up to is the recent outdrives problem and that was only because there are no "option parts" for it, plus it was blatently obvious it was yet another balls up.
Did Kyosho ship arms to the masses who broke the old MP9 arms????? No it was only after they realised that if they were to have any chance of winning the 10 worlds on the brutal Thai track that they made improvements.
I love the K car but I'm in Aus so where does that leave me with the outdrives??

im in UK and mine are getting sent from the distributor why should Aus be any different.

also been told to make the front end stronger run the GHEA pin instead of the kit one, the GHEA clamps the arm together so it doesn't rely on just the plastic to hold it together.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jeromerc
Why add the XB9, it is a copy of the Losi 8ight 2.0. They race Xray in Vietnam and they are selling them as fast as they are buying them. My Losi turns much better and flies better than the xb9. I also have the US spec Mugen, I am faster with my Losi than with the Mugen but I am more consistent with the Mugen, but I am a new driver I have only raced 4 times and have less than 1 year total in RC. I like both cars and all are about equal, the Losi and the Kyosho are both old platforms with mods they are still winning races, the new US spec Mugen won on fuel mileage not on being a better car, the other versions were faster than that of the European champion, so once again it goes to driver, setup and pit strategy.
The fact that the Xray is extremly close to the Losi design is EXACTLY why I like it. Losi's are made out of ramen noodles, Xrays are made out of some of the strongest materials in RC. I just wanted a Losi that held up as well, and lasted as long as a Mugen. That's allmost what the Xray is.

Xray deos have a forum. They asked "What layout do you want in an Electric buggy?" We said "Losi 8E"!

They asked "We're making a new wing, any ideas?" We said "Losi wing!".

etc.etc.etc. Sure it has many similar features. That's a good thing, not bad. Losi's are competitive at every track in the US, it seems.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slow coach
im in UK and mine are getting sent from the distributor why should Aus be any different.

also been told to make the front end stronger run the GHEA pin instead of the kit one, the GHEA clamps the arm together so it doesn't rely on just the plastic to hold it together.
Our distributor can't get parts let alone return any outdrives for exchange, hell I still can't get TKI3 in Aust. We may as well not have a distributor, that's why I use A Main and various other Kyosho sellers O/S.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2
anyone already boiled the Kyosho ams, to see if that solves the problem...?
Boiled all plastic Yes, fix problem No.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62
Boiled all plastic Yes, fix problem No.
have you tried calling kyosho america? might be worth a shot, just explain your problem you're having. not sure what problems you're having with the plastics, I don't boil mine and have zero issues.

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=9727

I wouldn't wait if you want one. Perhaps post your issues in the MP9 thread, might have better success.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

have you tried calling kyosho america? might be worth a shot, just explain your problem you're having. not sure what problems you're having with the plastics, I don't boil mine and have zero issues.

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=9727

I wouldn't wait if you want one. Perhaps post your issues in the MP9 thread, might have better success.
Thanks Sean, I'll do that.