Wiki Posts
Search

Servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)
Default Servo problem

I was out practicing with my buggy today and my steering servo was acting strange.. It would work for a while and then it would just stop steering, but if you went to move the wheels with your hands the servo still held them there but i had no steering. Happened off and on all day today. I tried my throttle servo for a minute with steering and it worked fine from what i can tell. Also nothing glitches.. my throttle worked perfect all day.. its just my steering servo.. Think i need a new servo or what?

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It could be a bad servo motor, but just check your servo saver to make sure it isn't to loose before replacing it. Also check your servo horn to make sure it is bolted down all the way and that none of the splines are stripped.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its not loose or anything.. its like it looses power or something.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Try another servo. I have had the same thing happen and it was due to the servo saver being to loose. My friend ran across the same problem and it was a stripped servo saver. It had just enough left to give intermittent loose of steering.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well when the servo isnt turning the wheels.. it isnt even trying to. It just doesnt react to me turning the wheel on my radio. Doesnt make any noise at all.. No movement. Although it does still hold my wheels straight with force. You think its a bad servo motor?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

OK so the servo still holds but doesn't turn that is either a problem with the servo or it could be a receiver problem as well. Try another servo if it still doesn't work then it is the receiver.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Or it could be your transmitter. Happened to me before. After looking thru all the possible culprit without any problem. I went and open up my transmitter and found out that the steering wheel wire connector was dislodge.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got a new servo (servos i was using were 5 years old but still worked really good) and it works again flawlessly, so it was my old servo. I went with radiopost this time and it is amazing so far. Had to overnight it to race this weekend.. bad time for my servo to be going out at the end of the week.. Thanks for all the help :]