Wiki Posts
Search

RPM arms for mbx6

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default RPM arms for mbx6

If you would be willing to try them email them and tell them why and that you would be willing to buy them if they made them. Here is the email address.

Not whining about anything, so don't post why you shouldn't get them. I have raced mugen for about 5 years and won't be switching cars, but would like another option for arms.

[email protected]

-Drew
Old 12-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Nobody?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, very happy with my MBX6 Mugen arms.
Never broken one that should not have broken.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drewmugx5t
If you would be willing to try them email them and tell them why and that you would be willing to buy them if they made them. Here is the email address.

Not whining about anything, so don't post why you shouldn't get them. I have raced mugen for about 5 years and won't be switching cars, but would like another option for arms.

[email protected]

-Drew

Absolutely...I love my 6T, but the arms are uber fragile.....upgrade arms would be awesome and there are plenty of people who would be on board ( they are just scared to speak up now ).....I don't care what anyone says the 6T arms are way too prone to breakage for my taste...........
Old 12-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Absolutely...I love my 6T, but the arms are uber fragile.....upgrade arms would be awesome and there are plenty of people who would be on board ( they are just scared to speak up now ).....I don't care what anyone says the 6T arms are way too prone to breakage for my taste...........
The 6t is a great truck, if the arms weren't so fragile I would still be running it and I don't care what anyone says there is a problem with them and everybody that I know that has had a 6t has broke arms that shouldn't have broke but I have only seen 1or 2 buggy arms break
Old 12-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin57
The 6t is a great truck, if the arms weren't so fragile I would still be running it and I don't care what anyone says there is a problem with them and everybody that I know that has had a 6t has broke arms that shouldn't have broke but I have only seen 1or 2 buggy arms break
Thread poster is posting for the 6. Not the 6T. Only arms I have ever broken on the 6 is my SLAMMING into something or a droop screw support cracked.

I would have no use for rpm arms for the buggy. Mugen makes a great product.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jammin57
I know... its ridiculous to me that anyone could deny there is an issue with the arms...... I love my 6T and have been running Mugen for many years, but the arms are outright fragile.... At our track we actually had to change the track layout because the Mugens couldn't handle the big jumps, all the other brands had no issues, but the Mugens were blowing apart left right and center.......Mugen being one of the most popular cars in our club we were forced to change the layout and take away the big air or all the Mugen guys were not going to show up any longer, as rarely could one of them finish a race....Big air and the 6T do not go together well at all..... And I am not a hater, I am just calling this as it happened !
Old 12-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

I've seen 6T arms break on slower, mogul sections of the track and on big air areas. It doesn't matter. The only thing worse than a 6T arm is a bad case of piles....
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

been running mugen for about a year now, and have yet to break or crack a truggy arm. same as my dad, he never broken an arm either. he boiled his because he ran sportsman and knew he would get in crashes with others. i do not boil mine. only had to replace one set of arms due to the pillow ball backing out.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Having just switched from the O'Donnell Z01T, that has arm stronger than the ones on my Toyota Tundra, to an MBX6T, I'd love to see some upgrade arms for the Mugen truggy.

I've only broken one arm, and it was due to a major screw up on my part. The OD would have shaken it off, but the Mugen arm broke. Not being critical here, like I said, the Z01T arms were beyond strong.

If RPM, or some other company, were to make stronger arms for the Mugen, I'd be very willing to try them out. That being said, the normal RPM plastic is way too soft for racing. It simply flexes too much.

Honestly, if the current arm design was revised to just fill in the open web area around the droop screw, closest to the hinge pin, but keeping the same plastic, I think most of the problems would be resolved. I'm not sure why Mugen hasn't considered this approach (maybe they have).
Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stubbs
Honestly, if the current arm design was revised to just fill in the open web area around the droop screw, closest to the hinge pin, but keeping the same plastic, I think most of the problems would be resolved. I'm not sure why Mugen hasn't considered this approach (maybe they have).
I belive price of new arm mould can be one of the factors. Other can be that they wouldn't be able to sell spares afterwards
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lochness42
I belive price of new arm mould can be one of the factors. Other can be that they wouldn't be able to sell spares afterwards
they could always offer a cold weather upgrade kit !
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
It could also be that the arm is the piece designed to be the weak link in the system (i.e. the one that breaks instead of the diff case, hinge pin plates, or something else).

My OD was like that, but the weak link was a different part. The plates capturing the hinge pins were all aluminum, and the arms were strong as hell. In big impacts, I would sometime bend the inner hinge pins. There was a chance that the handling would be affected, but most of the time, I never even knew the pin was bent until I pulled it out after the race to inspect. I was always able to finish a race though.

By contrast, if the arm on the Mugen is indeed designed to be the weak link, then failure of this component means you're out of the race. Different approaches, with vastly different outcomes.

Personally, I'd prefer to bend a hinge pin, and be able to keep racing with possibly less than perfect handling, versus breaking the arm, and having to watch the race from my pit table.

Just my .02 though....
Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

well i think that mugen really need to take care about this issue cause they are losing customers, like me and three more guys on my track. We all get the mugen mbx6 eco for christmans and all like the car but they are way too fragile, it breaks almost everything but the most front lower a-arms.

Today i manage to break two in less than 20 min, in the last one i just left up and get back home but before that i looked on the track floor and i found 6 front lowers a arms that we throw away when we get mad seeing that it is another arm.

Looknig for my next e buggy, yes it is a buggy not a truggy.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Have any of the guys complaining here tried boiling their arms when new?
We previously ran Mugen for over a year with no arm issues (unless it was deserving as others have stated).
Problem we had with our Mugens was fuel tank issues (flameouts in pit lane w/a gun)
Ironically, I don't see many complain about that, however I know of many that suffered the same fate...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.