R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   ofna chrome top starter box help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/612644-ofna-chrome-top-starter-box-help.html)

dudemanh 03-25-2012 05:55 PM

ofna chrome top starter box help

So i got an ofna glow igniter that i got today. and i hooked it up to my ofna chrome top starter box's power panel and when i hook a glow plug to it. the glow plug does not glow at all. but everything else works. when the glow plug is in the glow igniter the check light on the power panel does come on tho. so any help would be appreciated thank you!

ScottyM 03-25-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by dudemanh (Post 10515286)
So i got an ofna glow igniter that i got today. and i hooked it up to my ofna chrome top starter box's power panel and when i hook a glow plug to it. the glow plug does not glow at all. but everything else works. when the glow plug is in the glow igniter the check light on the power panel does come on tho. so any help would be appreciated thank you!

The is an adjustment on the power panel to regulate how much power goes through the glow driver. Hook the glow plug and ignitor together and adjust until you get a good glow..

dudemanh 03-25-2012 06:19 PM

i did that as well. still no glow on the glow plug at all. but when i hook my multi meter up to the glow igniter it shows its putting out 10.73v when on low and 10.81 when on high setting on the power panel

pravesh736 03-26-2012 01:19 AM

there is a adjustment screw on the ignitor box next to the pulg check light .. i think u need to adjust that not only the starter box output

99problems 03-26-2012 04:53 PM

Is the glow plug good?

Rsickles 03-26-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by dudemanh (Post 10515412)
i did that as well. still no glow on the glow plug at all. but when i hook my multi meter up to the glow igniter it shows its putting out 10.73v when on low and 10.81 when on high setting on the power panel

So you're saying that the glow plug is seeing 10 volts? That's no good.... glow plugs run at ~1.2v - 1.5v or so. Are you wired/plugged in correctly?

Do you have the OFNA part #? Can you post a picture of your power panel with the igniter plugged in?

-R2- 03-26-2012 10:34 PM

THE 10 VOLT READING IS CORRECT it won't blow the plug but I turn the pot to half way. And your plug is bad if you are getting a reading on your meter. That means the circuit closes when you check it. So your problem is the plug, it will spark pretty well when making a connection but will fade after some use.

dudemanh 03-27-2012 11:17 AM

I don't think it's my plug cause I have tested it out on two new os med plugs and also tested the plugs out with my dynamite glow igniter which made both plugs glow.r

charlesandstuff 03-27-2012 11:21 AM

Make sure you have the positive and negative plugged in to the right holes. I wasnt paying attention and plugged them into the wrong holes by mistake and switched them around and worked fine.

dudemanh 03-27-2012 11:32 AM

IV tried that and looked at that. Does not matter how I have them hooked up i get the same result. I'm gonna try and call ofna