Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What Losi buggy to get? >

What Losi buggy to get?

What Losi buggy to get?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

LOL, yeah everyone saw 6s and didn't see the 3300 NiMh
Good luck, I am almost certain you will be happy with it. Keep us updated on what you think.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Will do. I've been interested in Losi stuff since I got into this stuff, but I went with an Associated SC8 as my first Nitro. Hopefully the 8ight 2.0 is as much fun as it sounds, I'm gonna break it in and take it to the track as soon as I can.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love mine, I had to richen the high speed needle to 3 turns out and once its broke in I noticed it likes to be at about 3.25 the low speed I richend up a little too. I love how easy this thing is to control on the track
Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TropicalPenguin
I just want something affordable, that I can mod and build up a little bit. I'm not very concerned about the racing side of things, really. So I'm definitely leaning towards the 810 for this reason... but what can I do to mod it up? Are there any other parts that work with this model? Is it a good basher model?
I see you chose the 2.0 over the 810.
I would not go with the LOSI 810. The reason the price is so attractive is because it is being discontinued. It won't be long before parts are hard to get and no other companies are going to make hop-ups for a dying buggy. A lot of people don't know this and shops are pushing the 810, because of the awesome price. Kind of wrong if you ask me. They should tell you that it will be gone soon.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TropicalPenguin
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a buggy. More specifically I am looking for a Losi buggy, but I can't decide on which one to get. Right now my current choices are the 810 and the Eight 2.0, but I'm having a really hard time deciding. I'm just looking for an RTR setup right now because I work anywhere between 50-70hrs a week, so I don't have the time to build a kit. The reason the 810 is so attractive is because of it's price, mainly. And since it's a tiny bit smaller (and more nimble?). And I really like the Eight 2.0 telemetry and how there are more available hop-ups for it.. but I can't decide. Help?

I'm primarily a basher, but would like the ability to go race some club-level races at my local track if I ever felt the need. Basher wise, the 810 makes sense here, but the lack of hop-ups make me feel like if I ever wanted more speed or agility then I'll have to get a different model RC because at least on nitrohouse the hop-ups list is short.

I was also looking at the HPI D8S, but after some forum searching I've seen that lots of people have had issues with it as far as premature breaking, poor engine performance, etc.

I just want something affordable, that I can mod and build up a little bit. I'm not very concerned about the racing side of things, really. So I'm definitely leaning towards the 810 for this reason... but what can I do to mod it up? Are there any other parts that work with this model? Is it a good basher model?
There are not many hopups for the 810 nor is it in the same league as the 8ight. And just remember that any car you get will have there problems and break from time to time.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by token
There are not many hopups for the 810 nor is it in the same league as the 8ight.
+1. The 810 is basically a baby 1/8 buggy based off the Ten T platform (which is a 1/10 truggy). It doesn't meet ROAR weight requirements, has an 87cc tank vs 125cc in the true 1/8 buggies, and doesn't have the same availability of hop-ups that the 8ight rtr has. Also, since it is the same platform as the Ten T, it essentially has 1/10 drivetrain parts, most noticibly the driveshafts.

I have a Ten T and converted it to an 810. It's a blast for bashing and for mucking around on the track. But like Token said, it's not nearly in the same league as the 8ight. Smart choice going with the 8ight 2.0 buggy instead.